Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

altboot not working on xerox wc5765

is there any way so ican update frimware on xerox wc5765.beacause the installed one shows installation procedure incomplete.
    also icant login to it as the keyboard in login menu is irresponsive

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: altboot not working on xerox wc5765

Create a folder named Altboot on a usb thumb drive. Copy the software version you wish to install inside the Altboot folder. The file should end in .dlm. Turn the machine off and insert the thumb drive in the usb port of the copier. Turn the machine back on. It should start installing the software.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Create a folder named Altboot on a usb thumb drive. Copy the software version you wish to install inside the Altboot folder. The file should end in .dlm. Turn the machine off and insert the thumb drive in the usb port of the copier. Turn the machine back on. It should start installing the software.
    I have done altboot .but it does not work.the photocopier starts and show fault message the installation procedure is not complete which the photocopier always show on start..also I cant find the IP address as the login keyboard is not available for selection. Also when I connect it with pc ,pc shows rdcit/Ethernet gadget not installed.when I install the global printer for 5765 the software does not find the 5765.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Install phase not complete is not your firmware. Chances are the battery on your software module has dropped below 2.8 volts. Slide out the SBC on the back of the copier and locate your software module with the yellow battery that plugs in to it. If the battery is too low you will loose NVM settings & possibly your meter reading.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Install phase not complete is not your firmware. Chances are the battery on your software module has dropped below 2.8 volts. Slide out the SBC on the back of the copier and locate your software module with the yellow battery that plugs in to it. If the battery is too low you will loose NVM settings & possibly your meter reading.
    should I replace th battery if it is below 2.8 volts.and losing nvm settings do I will have to nvm restore because I dont have nvm restore

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid khan View Post
    should I replace th battery if it is below 2.8 volts.and losing nvm settings do I will have to nvm restore because I dont have nvm restore
    I remove the battery and install again but now it shows green screen.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Altboot and forced altboot did not work .it does not boot from usb I tried it