Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Woprkcentre M24  Error Message due to Consumable

Woprkcentre M24 Error Message due to Consumable

Hi
    Customer called with a message that one of the consumables was causing a problem.I went to call and found out they just replaced the yellow drum unit(unit on right) of drum units.They had trouble replacing the unit correctly,I checked consumable status on display and machine was indicating the yellow drum was not in machine.I noticed that when I lifted drum bar to raise drum units so they can be taking out of machine,everything seemed ok,Also when I took out yellow drum unit and replaced back in machine everything was ok,When I lowered the drum bar to lock all units in I saw that the yellow drum unit was not fully aligned with the plug on machine side,so it was not making good contact.When I pused down on yellow drum I was able to put in proper place so the good contact with connecter was made,I really didn't notice what though was causing the problem as drum seemed to go smoothly in machine.I tried opening and closing drum lock bar a few times and for the most part unless I pushed the yellow drum down into position it woyuld not make good contact with the connecting and the machine would display no yellow drum in machine .Any ideas to why it does not align properly all the time,Im not expert on machine and everthing seemed ok to me,
    Thanks for any help ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Woprkcentre M24 Error Message due to Consumable

Drum unit have a chip at the front side.
    This chip dont make good contacts with machine socket when drums are locked into place.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Drum unit have a chip at the front side.
    This chip dont make good contacts with machine socket when drums are locked into place.
    Hi
    Thanks for help.I realize the chip is not making good contact with connector.It dosnt lock in unless I push down on it,but I dont see why drum unit is not coming down all the way.Andy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

The rail that the drum slides in on could be bent. If the user incorrectly installed the drum and it was not on the rail correctly, they could have bent the rail when trying to lower the drums in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    The rail that the drum slides in on could be bent. If the user incorrectly installed the drum and it was not on the rail correctly, they could have bent the rail when trying to lower the drums in place.
    Hi
    Thank you for reply.they said they did have problem putting drum in .Is the rail easy to wirk with as it seems fr agile.Andy