xerox wc 5765 BLANK PAGES WHEN COPING AND ROS FAILURE

HI THERE:

Xerox WC 5765 ISSUES: I am getting BLANK pages when using DADF, but it is ok coping from glass or printing.
    other issue is an intermittent ROS failure and code 06-020 is registered.

I ran ROS motor via simulation and works fine.

I did a turn off and on, but keeps doing the same thing.

all consumables are over 55%.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: xerox wc 5765 BLANK PAGES WHEN COPING AND ROS FAILURE

Had a similar problem with 2 machines.
    1 was a little card that inserts behind the IBT belt draw. There is one chip card for each colour.
    The other machine had an issue with a card behind the copier. Everytime we put a new dev unit in the machine it emptied the dev and printed no colour. Once the card was replaced the colour come good again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I am sure that the last post was but it is not intended for this thread as this machine has no IBT assy nor any color. This is a 65ppm BW MFP.
    Ok so if you ran diagnostics component control dC330 06-020 and the ROS unit makes the distinct elevated noise for about 5 secs from the time it is turned on. Check the wiring harness from the laser to the IOT PWB board under the plastic cover in the rear of the platen glass. Its the plastic that goes around the DADF hinges on the machine. Remove that cover and check the connectors plug PJ2, unplug and re plug. Turn on the machine and see if error persists. If it does then remove the Single Board Controller assy, control panel, DADF, rear and L/R covers (assuming the finisher has already been disengaged from the machine) and drum. There is 2 screws in the front under the control panel on the metal frame usually has a blue spacer, on right rear and left rear there is one screw. Lift and remove the platen. Now you can see the ROS unit. Check the connectors. If you get another laser make sure that it is for the machine speed that you have.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by MrBafner View Post
    Had a similar problem with 2 machines.
    1 was a little card that inserts behind the IBT belt draw. There is one chip card for each colour.
    The other machine had an issue with a card behind the copier. Everytime we put a new dev unit in the machine it emptied the dev and printed no colour. Once the card was replaced the colour come good again.
    Thank you MrBafner. This WC 5765 is Black and white copier. No color. It must be another solution to it

Quote Originally Posted by JrTech View Post
    I am sure that the last post was but it is not intended for this thread as this machine has no IBT assy nor any color. This is a 65ppm BW MFP.
    Ok so if you ran diagnostics component control dC330 06-020 and the ROS unit makes the distinct elevated noise for about 5 secs from the time it is turned on. Check the wiring harness from the laser to the IOT PWB board under the plastic cover in the rear of the platen glass. Its the plastic that goes around the DADF hinges on the machine. Remove that cover and check the connectors plug PJ2, unplug and re plug. Turn on the machine and see if error persists. If it does then remove the Single Board Controller assy, control panel, DADF, rear and L/R covers (assuming the finisher has already been disengaged from the machine) and drum. There is 2 screws in the front under the control panel on the metal frame usually has a blue spacer, on right rear and left rear there is one screw. Lift and remove the platen. Now you can see the ROS unit. Check the connectors. If you get another laser make sure that it is for the machine speed that you have.

Hope that helps
    Thank you Jr Tech. This is a BW MFP. DC330 06-020 makes the noise.
    I am looking for another ROS UNIT< but no luck at present time> I will check all the connector as per your advice.
    Thank you again.
    I will post new findings soon.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox wc 5765 BLANK PAGES WHEN COPING AND ROS FAILURE

Quote Originally Posted by JUAN C DLS View Post
    Thank you Jr Tech. This is a BW MFP. DC330 06-020 makes the noise.
    I am looking for another ROS UNIT< but no luck at present time> I will check all the connector as per your advice.
    Thank you again.
    I will post new findings soon.
    When you make copies from glass or printing the machine use same ROS unit so let it alone.
    Your problem is dadf assy. Be sure when you make copies from dadf the exposure lamp stay in the left side of the scanner in the proper position
    Last edited by adriansto; 07-07-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

As stated above, the only difference as far as scanning goes from making copies through the ADF and from the glass is the position of the scan carriage. From the glass, the carriage moves to scan the document. From the ADF, the carriage positions itself under the thin slit glass to the left of the large copy glass and stays put as the document passes over it. Operation of the laser and print engine is the same for both ADF and glass scanning.

I've had on a few occasions a customer placed paper on the tray that hangs to the left of the ADF. The paper was positioned to block the slit glass so they had blank pages when using the ADF but not when they made copes off the glass. Maybe your scanner carriage is stopping and looking at the white reference patch and not looking through the slit glass? Hate to ask but, you are feeding originals through the ADF with the print face up right?

Are the blank pages through the ADF totally blank or do they ever have any bit of image on them? If you run a large set through the ADF, do they all come out blank without causing a fault code or an ADF jam? I feel there is some piece to this puzzle we are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    As stated above, the only difference as far as scanning goes from making copies through the ADF and from the glass is the position of the scan carriage. From the glass, the carriage moves to scan the document. From the ADF, the carriage positions itself under the thin slit glass to the left of the large copy glass and stays put as the document passes over it. Operation of the laser and print engine is the same for both ADF and glass scanning.

I've had on a few occasions a customer placed paper on the tray that hangs to the left of the ADF. The paper was positioned to block the slit glass so they had blank pages when using the ADF but not when they made copes off the glass. Maybe your scanner carriage is stopping and looking at the white reference patch and not looking through the slit glass? Hate to ask but, you are feeding originals through the ADF with the print face up right?

Are the blank pages through the ADF totally blank or do they ever have any bit of image on them? If you run a large set through the ADF, do they all come out blank without causing a fault code or an ADF jam? I feel there is some piece to this puzzle we are missing.

When single or multiple original are fed up from DADF, blank copies are produced, but some have grey faint bands on it, but no image at all. There is no DADF fault code at all or jams.
    I can see the scanner lamp light up when scanning originals. May be scanner carriage isn't at the home position to scan original at slit glass, but there is no fault code.
    an erratic ROS fault code ocurres when finishing printing copies.

still looking on this both issues.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Lets fix 1 problem at a time.
    Lets focus on the ROS fault 6-020.
    Before installing a new ROS assembly, lets try a few things first.
    Lets do an IOT reset.
    Power off the machine, locate the IOT PWB. On the PWB are a set of 3 jumpers (the normal state is not jumped).
    With the machine powered off, move all 3 jumpers to jump the 3 sets of pins.
    Power the machine up and let it boot for a few minutes. The machine may not boot to ready.
    After a few minutes, power the machine off and move the jumpers so each is only on 1 pin (not jumped anymore)
    Power the machine up and test to see if the problem has been resolved. (both the blank & ROS faults)

If problem persists: Try an NVM Initilization.
    Enter machine diagnostics mode and perform DC132, All Copier NVM Initilization.
    The only down side to doing an NVM Init is that you'll have to go through the registration adjustments afterward but they are very easy to perform. You only need a metric ruler.

If the problem persists: Try reseating the connections between the ROS (PJ 121) and the IOT.(PJ 2). The ROS side can be accessed by removing the drum unit and looking up toward the rear of the machine. You may need a mirror to see what you are doing.

If none of the above stops the ROS fault codes from showing up, try installing a replacement ROS assembly.