Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: colorqube 9303 lines only coping

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    Is this finisher you mean? If so, there are a few things that could be causing issues on the ejector assy.

We stopped selling colorqubes but still have a few out there. Was sorting out one of the little 8900's today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it is a finisher issue! it seems as though the codes are print related! i'm almost thinking its a firmware issue! how am i able to upgrade firmware? I think I saw something on the interface where it will automatically update, is this true? the machine does not jam when finisher main tray is out of order! thanks again!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Yes it is a finisher issue! it seems as though the codes are print related! i'm almost thinking its a firmware issue! how am i able to upgrade firmware? I think I saw something on the interface where it will automatically update, is this true? the machine does not jam when finisher main tray is out of order! thanks again!
    Underneath the auto upgrade option is the manual upgrade option. It lets you browse for the .DLM file (available from xerox.com). If it's on old firmware, it may take a while as we're now on 73 firmware and if you are on 71, you need to jump to 72 first. Do a clone first to ensure you have all settings.

Underneath the auto upgrade option is the manual upgrade option. It lets you browse for the .DLM file (available from xerox.com). If it's on old firmware, it may take a while as we're now on 73 firmware and if you are on 71, you need to jump to 72 first. Do a clone first to ensure you have all settings.

I seem to be behind the times, I'm at version 61! I have to go through the nonconnect key model. I went through saving the .csv file and tried loading the latest 61 version and loading it on a thumb drive and the machine never recognized it, I double checked aeverything! How can you tell if it's a non connect key or a connect key?

So it won't take the latest 61 version via the manual upgrade on the web interface? I take it the machine is definitely not on that version already (or a SPAR release). The web interface will only let you upgrade. If you are on 61, you are non connect key.

Follow this
    http://download.support.xerox.com/pu...tification.pdf

So it won't take the latest 61 version via the manual upgrade on the web interface? I take it the machine is definitely not on that version already (or a SPAR release). The web interface will only let you upgrade. If you are on 61, you are non connect key.

Follow this
    http://download.support.xerox.com/pu...tification.pdf

. From what that pub indicates is you need to go through the procedure with a thumb drive. Bottom line is will any upgrade fix a finisher? From what I see, any upgrade will not effect any communication between finisher and machine, or am I wrong. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    . From what that pub indicates is you need to go through the procedure with a thumb drive. Bottom line is will any upgrade fix a finisher? From what I see, any upgrade will not effect any communication between finisher and machine, or am I wrong. Thanks
    To upgrade via USB you need to follow the AltBoot method. Create a folder called altboot and put the DLM file in that. To force the machine should you be overwriting the same version (or downgrading), you need to put a 0kb file with no extension in the same folder and call it FORCED_UPGRADE

It will update finisher FW too as it pushes the FW out to all boards. All boards must be at a matching level in order to work. For example, disconnecting the finisher, upgrading the machine and reconnecting the finisher; this would not work as the software wouldn't match between the main unit and finisher.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All boards must be at a matching level in order to work. For example, disconnecting the finisher, upgrading the machine and reconnecting the finisher; this would not work as the software wouldn't match between the main unit and finisher.

You can flash just the machine standalone, and then plug in the finisher. The machine will realise it has a firmware mismatch on the finisher and update the firmware for the finisher only once it is 1st powered on. This method is useful if you are having problems altbooting too, as it is possible to only do the standalone machine for testing then plug in the finisher for fault finding purposes

Replaced the finisher, firmware made no difference! I m getting a code on another 9303.I just replaced the reservoir and now the code 312-024 says something about paddle home fault, is that a finisher code?I'm trying to get the Finisher to exit in the top bin but it won't! It's a booklet finisher and even if I tell it not to collate it still delivers there!
    Last edited by acsolutions; 08-03-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The codes that you get that pertain to the Main Tray issue is indeed a problem. Yes Firmware can and will help with the false or ghost codes but being that you cannot send anything to the main tray Top One, there is an actual issue. If you have the Booklet Maker finisher that you have to look at the motors (eject assembly) as this was a common issue on them. Number 1 reason for that code is people like to remove staples or paper clips over the machine/finisher as it provides a nice flat surface. Well those staples and paper clips make it into the finisher paper path and cause issues. Go into diagnostics and run those motors for the eject assembly, set clamp motors. A jam in the fuser may cause a finisher error as the timing for the paper to exit didnt hit the finisher entrance sensor. I will have to check about the 61 firmware and see if we can get you the current software to get you up and running.

I commend you for even taking this machine on and trying the repair. I have flat out refused to work on these that are not under a contract with us. Too much time wasted chasing errors and changing parts, I leave it for the experts. Xerox Tech work on a product for 5+ years and nothing else outside so they are very well versed on issues. I am certified on the entire Phaser, ColorQube series and a simple jam could turn into replacing print heads, umbilical cords, heaters, boards, my time is better spent working on machines that I dont want to drag behind my car down the highway.

Hope this helps

Likewise, we have 2 qube's left in the field. Xerox have stopped selling them too now.