Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: colorqube 9303 lines only coping

[QUOTE=JrTech;526944]The codes that you get that pertain to the Main Tray issue is indeed a problem. Yes Firmware can and will help with the false or ghost codes but being that you cannot send anything to the main tray Top One, there is an actual issue. If you have the Booklet Maker finisher that you have to look at the motors (eject assembly) as this was a common issue on them. Number 1 reason for that code is people like to remove staples or paper clips over the machine/finisher as it provides a nice flat surface. Well those staples and paper clips make it into the finisher paper path and cause issues. Go into diagnostics and run those motors for the eject assembly, set clamp motors. A jam in the fuser may cause a finisher error as the timing for the paper to exit didnt hit the finisher entrance sensor. I will have to check about the 61 firmware and see if we can get you the current software to get you up and running.

I commend you for even taking this machine on and trying the repair. I have flat out refused to work on these that are not under a contract with us. Too much time wasted chasing errors and changing parts, I leave it for the experts. Xerox Tech work on a product for 5+ years and nothing else outside so they are very well versed on issues. I am certified on the entire Phaser, ColorQube series and a simple jam could turn into replacing print heads, umbilical cords, heaters, boards, my time is better spent working on machines that I dont want to drag behind my car down the highway.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE thank, I'm taking them on because it's work! Pretty slow lately. I have learned alot and when they work they spit out a great print. we have some parts machines so it's been making life easy! The service manuals are not layed out well and a course on the machine would be a benefit! Thanks again

Hey color qube friends another qube with another mystery! I'm getting multi errors 391-638,391-636, 303-398, 394-547, 389-547 , 389-561 and 394-547. They seem to be sim card mismatch media registration and Y-axis ratio . They all seem to be related to copy quality and media registration. I was wondering about the 303-398 code sim card mismatch and possibly firmware being at a 61.180 level. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Another problem I'm having with this machine is it keeps shutting off and rebooting! I'm going to replace the main drive belt to address some other issues but in the mean time I'm checking these other issues. I'm having a communication problem error 03-398-00 talks about a sim card serial number mismatch, I repeated it with same problem. Would this cause the machine to reboot. Also this machine is a new purchase for them (used machine) also I added a fax unit would have caused a problem?
    Last edited by acsolutions; 08-15-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    colorqube 9303 lines only coping

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Hey color qube friends another qube with another mystery! I'm getting multi errors 391-638,391-636, 303-398, 394-547, 389-547 , 389-561 and 394-547. They seem to be sim card mismatch media registration and Y-axis ratio . They all seem to be related to copy quality and media registration. I was wondering about the 303-398 code sim card mismatch and possibly firmware being at a 61.180 level. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks
    Do you have the service manual for this unit?

If not, there is no hope.

638 is chronic jets. Mask them.

636 indicates the machine is limping along for image quality.

398 perform serial number restore.

The 89 codes means someone has tried ramming the wrong firmware and/or corrupting the NVRAM.

Ignore SIM card SN mismatches. They have no effect at this point.

94-547 means your drum belt is shot.

Machine sick. I'd consider throwing it out after removing the ink from it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    colorqube 9303 lines only coping

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Another problem I'm having with this machine is it keeps shutting off and rebooting! I'm going to replace the main drive belt to address some other issues but in the mean time I'm checking these other issues. I'm having a communication problem error 03-398-00 talks about a sim card serial number mismatch, I repeated it with same problem. Would this cause the machine to reboot. Also this machine is a new purchase for them (used machine) also I added a fax unit would have caused a problem?
    They shut off and reboot after the drive belt slips.

As per my previous message ignore the SIM messages.

Fix belt and perform print head uniformity.

If it does work at that point. Dispose of machine.

Your in over your head with the NVRAM corruption.