Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Print faded and yellow stopped DC250

I have a strange circumstance where the print on a DC250 went from great to no yellow and black is faded.
    Replaced the dev unit for yellow and it is still not printing yellow.
    Tried to print black only and it is faded and the image is all broken up.

Replaced all the toners and the drums are all ok. I'm thinking it could be the drum motor for the yellow, but I'm not sure why the black would be faded.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Print faded and yellow stopped DC250

Check the contacts on the inside back wall of the frame where the drums / dv units make contact with the machine when you slide the tray closed. You can have a bent spring / contact and not getting bias voltage to the DV housing. If you suspect bad DV drive, try wiping a spot clean of developer on the magnetic roller and after you make a copy, reinspect it, if the same clean spot is still there, you know the magnetic roller is not turning. Make sure the ROS windows are clean above the drums, if they have toner dust on them, it can cause faded print.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do whatever EXOK says.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It is a strange circumstance. I would also look at the Toner Dispense housing. If you all of a sudden went to no yellow and changed the yellow developer, put the 3 digit code in the machine and still not getting anything, you have to look at how the machine gets the toner from bottle to Developer housing. You can run diagnostics and check the Toner Dispense motor and see if it is working or under strain. Last post mentioned about the ROS units getting dusty, there is a mod kit for the ROS contamination. Just had similar issues on a Xerox 250 with the magenta and I did everything EKOK said as if you dont it can cause more issues down the road so it is good to check all while you have it all out. Mine was a Dispense motor that was very weak due to Generic Toner.

Hope that helps