Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

xerox workcentre 7765 image Problem: Angle Banding Streaks

Update: I printed a banded test pattern from the machine and found that it was the Cyan with problems. Checking the developer unit it was easy to see where the banding was coming from. It appeared to me like there was not enough toner in the developer unit, so I redistributed the developer and toner in the unit and locked it back up. I changed the Cyan toner cartridge in case the other which showed a lot of toner left was the problem. I have printed about 1500 pages with success....but would like to know if that developer unit is in need of new developer or what else might have caused it not to print in the areas where the screw mechanism is.

Thanks so much for your help getting this machine up and running. I have been through much, and the problems just continue. Last night about mid-night, I put the machine in energy saving mode. I came in this morning at 6 and started the machine up, started running this continuing job and now Big Angle banding stripes through images. I have worked on enough machines to know that something else will need to be replaced. Can you lead me in the direction to find out the current culprit? To add a little more information, in gray areas, the bands areas if black did not print in the area, only color. On some pages, there are blue vertical streaks.

Thanks again,

Eddie
    Last edited by FabEddie; 08-11-2016 at 06:50 PM. Reason: More information

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: xerox workcentre 7765 image Problem: Angle Banding Streaks

Is cyan causing the issue?? Check trc control and set if the toner house sensor is reading correctly,usually withing 50 bits of each other, it looks as if the sensor is starving it of toner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FabEddie View Post
    Update: I printed a banded test pattern from the machine and found that it was the Cyan with problems. Checking the developer unit it was easy to see where the banding was coming from. It appeared to me like there was not enough toner in the developer unit, so I redistributed the developer and toner in the unit and locked it back up. I changed the Cyan toner cartridge in case the other which showed a lot of toner left was the problem. I have printed about 1500 pages with success....but would like to know if that developer unit is in need of new developer or what else might have caused it not to print in the areas where the screw mechanism is.

Thanks so much for your help getting this machine up and running. I have been through much, and the problems just continue. Last night about mid-night, I put the machine in energy saving mode. I came in this morning at 6 and started the machine up, started running this continuing job and now Big Angle banding stripes through images. I have worked on enough machines to know that something else will need to be replaced. Can you lead me in the direction to find out the current culprit? To add a little more information, in gray areas, the bands areas if black did not print in the area, only color. On some pages, there are blue vertical streaks.

Thanks again,

Eddie
    if your getting the angled void lines then that is a result of not enough developer, redistributing will help for a short time since toner has developer in it and will replenish it slightly. If it comes back I would recommend replacing the developer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Start with the Developer and housing. Make sure that the 3 digit value is entered into diagnostics as that will set the ATC sensor.

Hope this helps