Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 700 eating paper only on duplex...anyone here sell me some remote tech service?

Xerox 700 eating paper only on duplex...anyone here sell me some remote tech service?

Anyone?

I have to service this beast and it's not my forte.

Prints all day long in simplex.... duplex skews the paper to the right and jams it on the 2nd pass through.

Drop me a note!

Re: Xerox 700 eating paper only on duplex...anyone here sell me some remote tech serv

Start off by checking the inverter unit and duplex paper path in case small bits of paper or debris are blocking the paper path.
    What is the error code that comes up when it jams?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Xerox 700 eating paper only on duplex...anyone here sell me some remote tech serv

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2o View Post
    Start off by checking the inverter unit and duplex paper path in case small bits of paper or debris are blocking the paper path.
    What is the error code that comes up when it jams?
    Hello!

Thanks for the lead!

I will grab the error code and some pics of the jam. It's very consistent.

Thanks again!

Re: Xerox 700 eating paper only on duplex...anyone here sell me some remote tech serv

You can also get this, if it from a specific tray all the time, when pick-up and feed roller sets are worn. Its not necessarily jamming but failing to pick up a piece of paper in time for it to reach a sensor and then the machine reports a jam but it reports from the first sensor that reports back and not usually where the fault is originating from.
    Will also usually do it in simplex as well, but worth cleaning the paper pick-up rollers with some mentholated spirits and trying it.