Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox DocuColor 252 light band in cyan, ROS, developer and 1st BTR already replaced

Xerox DocuColor 252 light band in cyan, ROS, developer and 1st BTR already replaced

A customer has a DocuColor 252 which has a light band in cyan (see attached picture). It's in process direction, print in picture is A3.

I have already replaced the drum, developer housing, 1ST BTR, en ROS assy and cleaned the interior around the drum and under de ROS thoroughly. I don't think the ITB, belt cleaner or 2nd BTR can cause the problem as only cyan has it. I have replaced belt cleaner and 2nd BTR anyway as the were due. I'm kind of lost now, really have no idea what it could be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox DocuColor 252 light band in cyan, ROS, developer and 1st BTR already replac

Clean mirrors in ROS.

Re: Xerox DocuColor 252 light band in cyan, ROS, developer and 1st BTR already replac

That does look like a ROS line dirt and debris on the mirrors / optics

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I've replaced the entire C,K ROS assembly...

It is ROS related 100%.
    Did you replace CK ROS with new or used?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

A used one, but the banding remains in exactly the same location.

Remove ck ros. Then you will need to open ros and you will find toner debris on mirror.

It is a standard fault with the ROS units on these machines. And it will be 99% in the same place each and every time. It's centrifugal force that throws crap outwards and it clings to the optics inside the ROS assembly. As the spinner and polygon are in the same place and running at the same speed as every other ROS unit out there the line would be in exactly the same place each and every time.
    Ozone and suction filter assembly need replacing on a regular basis and it helps cut down on this fault.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks Jake, it was indeed my main question how the line could be the exact same location. I'll clean out the ROS and let you know the result.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Indeed, both ROS units had the band at the exact same location, d'oh! Cleaned it out with compressed air and machine is up and running again. Thanks for your help all!