Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I Cringe When I Hear Peer to Peer Network, Can You Set Up Our Scanning?

Exclamation I Cringe When I Hear Peer to Peer Network, Can You Set Up Our Scanning?

Hello fellow techs,

I love everything about Xerox copiers, with the exception of setting up scanning on Peer to Peer networks. I'm not sure why, but every single time I tackle these, I always seem to have serious difficulties. I've read the System's Administrator Guide, the Network Setup Guide, the Microsoft SMB Guide, etc. For the life of me, every single time it seems like a new quirky way before it works.

I currently have a total of 6 machines, in 5 different client's offices that are raising hell for me to finish their setup. I NEED serious help from someone who knows the ins and outs of SMB Scanning specifically tied to Peer to Peer networks..

HELP!!

Chris Banzet Sr
    Owner
    BIZ PRO
    301-300-8786
    chris.banzet@bizprova.com

If you're an expert and can help me resolve this, I'll even pay you! I just need to resolve these asap! Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: I Cringe When I Hear Peer to Peer Network, Can You Set Up Our Scanning?

Lately, I've always had to call Xerox support to get the latest SPAR release firmware for the devices. After updating to latest SPAR release, setting it up is a doddle. Without updating you just get authentication errors.

Failing that, you could always set up an FTP server such as FileZilla.

If they don't like the idea of FTP, I suggest they get a business network to go with their business machine and then set up scan to email.

Some routers also have USB sharing facilities that can work similar to a NAS. I've used these before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    Lately, I've always had to call Xerox support to get the latest SPAR release firmware for the devices. After updating to latest SPAR release, setting it up is a doddle. Without updating you just get authentication errors.

Failing that, you could always set up an FTP server such as FileZilla.

If they don't like the idea of FTP, I suggest they get a business network to go with their business machine and then set up scan to email.

Some routers also have USB sharing facilities that can work similar to a NAS. I've used these before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that is probably my problem, I am NOT updating these machines at all. And that is "exactly" the error code I keep getting. So how do I do a SPAR firmware update?? Is that the one available in the security options screen in the PC Interface screen?

Also, for reference, what is the latest SPAR version? Just so I can do a printout and check to see I have the latest version... Thanks again my friend, I think you have hit the nail on the head!

Chris

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Chrisban, First we need to know what the machine you are working on? Is this a ConnectKey Device? I dont think so as you mentioned Doggle Key which means you are most likely dealing with a Fiery or DFE. Scanning Peer to Peer is pretty basic but you must realize that Peer to Peer means that if someones computer is shut off you lose the Peer to Peer. How about Network Scanning? They can be set up to receive at individual computers with no server needed. just did one last week in SW DC with a cloud based client that has no onsite server nor tech support and we set them up on Windows 7/10 and Mac Yosimite/El Capitan. PM me and we can get through this.

Hope this helps

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Talking Re: I Cringe When I Hear Peer to Peer Network, Can You Set Up Our Scanning?

Quote Originally Posted by JrTech View Post
    Chrisban, First we need to know what the machine you are working on? Is this a ConnectKey Device? I dont think so as you mentioned Doggle Key which means you are most likely dealing with a Fiery or DFE. Scanning Peer to Peer is pretty basic but you must realize that Peer to Peer means that if someones computer is shut off you lose the Peer to Peer. How about Network Scanning? They can be set up to receive at individual computers with no server needed. just did one last week in SW DC with a cloud based client that has no onsite server nor tech support and we set them up on Windows 7/10 and Mac Yosimite/El Capitan. PM me and we can get through this.

Hope this helps
    I apologize, my original text may not be very clear. No dongle, no fiery or DFE. It's a Xerox WorkCentre 5755. Funny you should mention MAC, the one company does have a MAC laptop as one of the computers needing set up and the rest of their workgroup is PC's.

Basically I am just trying to set up a standard peer to peer network where we dedicate one computer(PC) using a static IP and then share the folder out with subfolders that has everyone else's name. For some reason, It's been crazy lately and I can't get any of them to work. I would love for someone to take the time to help me, that would be great! And, I'd appreciate not just help in doing them but maybe a little hands on lesson for me to fully understand what I'm missing here. I'm an IT pro as well, and this is usually cakewalk for me, but these 57XX series machines are driving me crazy! And, one is a Xerox WC 7535 color machine. But all are peer to peer Workgroups. I'll PM you my contact info. Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris