Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Docucolor 240 does not completely boot

Hi Folks,
    I'm hoping you can give me some assistance with my issue. Dc240 was running perfectly on Friday until it randomly stopped after running all day. Error message on the screen was 010-322 (fuser temp control failure). Xerox website only suggests power of and fuser replacement. All of that done and the machine now only gets to the second bar position. I was NOT updating firmware as I have seen other posts regarding no boot and that is the common problem. So far I have bypassed the main door switch, cleared any paper jams, replaced fuser, disconnected ALL extra units like finisher, bustled Creo and bypass tray. Still no progress. I have a PWS computer but it will not connect. I am currently trying to verify hard drive integrity and will update this post with what I find.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

The Print Pro

Technician

Re: Docucolor 240 does not completely boot

Ok I am updating my original post above. I put the hard drive into another pc and it was recognized as a hard drive and past hard drive diagnostics.

Technician

Hello again,
    So another update. My hard drive is actually fried. Any way to get an image of the software on this machine that I can load on a replacement drive??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Firmware is not located on the HDD. Replace it with an 80GB IDE. Press ENERGY SAVER, STOP, AND 4 and turn on the printer. Continue to hold until it boots up. This will partition the HDD, and should be good to go.

Technician

HI all, finally got the machine to actually boot.. What a process but figured out the timing I had to hold and then release those buttons was critical.. No matter..it is on..HOWEVER I am back to square one with my original error code 010-311 fuser temp sensor error.. So I not only switched to a spare used fuser I had, I ordered a brand new one and no change.. What other part is it that needs checking and or replacement now?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Pull out the Transfer Drawer and check the connectors in back for paper or debris
    Check the connector from the rear for paper or broken connectors, this will require you to remove the Fuser cooling fan.

If all the connectors look good it's likely the MCU.

Technician
    Thank you for that reply..ill have a look in the morning but have a feeling its not paper or dust.. with my luck.