Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    yousef

Question Xerox DC 252 Fiery

Hi,

I have a DC 252 being used yesterday. All of a sudden we lost electricity on that portion of our office where the 252 is connected. When we resume back, machine could no longer print, i tried to ping and cannot connect. And in the machine, under ALL SERVICES, web application is not enabled. It seems that the printer cannot connect to the fiery.

I am not familiar with xerox as this is not my brand - we tried to plug a monitor to check the display of the fiery, it only shows:

LILO 22.7.1 Loading linux-ext2................
    BIOS data check successful
    Uncompressing Linux... OK, booting the kernel

Is this the only thing that would show in the display of the Fiery or is there more? Do i have a corrupted HD on my fiery or anything else?

Please help.

yousef

Re: Xerox DC 252 Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    I think, when LILO (Boot Loader) is comming up, the HDD is OK and you have to reinstall the Fiery System-Software.
    Is the software downloadable somewhere? And is there a guide on how to do it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox DC 252 Fiery

Remove the power from the wall to the Machine and Fiery and let sit for about 5 mins. Plug them in and power back on individually starting with machine (IOT) first then the Fiery. Both devices have a power switch. On the Fiery you should see a little window that will start to flash 2 digit numbers counting up. I believe yours should be stopped at the letter F and is solid with the message you provided. When you finally get the machine back up and running I would strongly recommend that you have the machine connected to a back up power supply. This will give it proper time to shut down as these are computers running the machine so same thing happens when a computer loses power suddenly. Only difference is the Fiery has no human interaction to give commands to proceed to next step like a computer. The Software is available on the Fiery website I believe, if not you will have to check around. I am only able to load from the PWS.

Hope this helps.