Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    shaolinmonk

Question WorkCentre 5330 printer function not working

I inherited WC5330 and have been trying to configure network printing. I configured network settings just like another copier/printer of same model but cannot print. Cables and cards all checked. It has enabled Network Scanning enabled. Do I have only copier function? How do I check? If so how do I enable printer feature? Doesn't enabling network scan kit enable printer too? Would appreciate your help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: WorkCentre 5330 printer function not working

When you plug in the network cable, do you see lights at the network jack?
    Set the machine to be in DHCP mode. Power the machine off. Plug in the machine to your network. Power on.
    When the machine powers on, it should get all the right settings for your network and your network should assign it an IP address. Print out a configuration sheet from the machine's user interface. Locate the IP address. Open a web browser on your networked computer and enter the machine's IP address. That should connect you to the machine's internal web page and verify you have network connection to the xerox. Download and install one of the machine specific drivers from www.xerox.com (stay away from the universal drivers, they are not very good).

shaolinmonk

Red face Re: WorkCentre 5330 printer function not working

Thank you. Changing to DHCP mode worked. Earlier I had set it to static mode. Now setting back to static also works. Strange! What's going on?

One issue now. I can access the machine's web interface, prompting login ID and password. But after I log out from the web interface, I can no longer access the page. Says "Login failed". Only clearing the browser cache works works. This I can live with but it is bit of pain though. This does not happen on a different machine WorkCentre 7535. Any clue?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: WorkCentre 5330 printer function not working

I'm not sure about that other than some setting that needs to be changed on your web browser. I've never encountered that problem.
    As far as starting the 5330 off in DHCP mode first, it not only gets an IP address assigned by your network but it also automatically sets the correct Subnet mask, default gateway, preferred DNS server address. That's why I always start a printer off in DHCP mode and then switch it over to Static and manually set an IP address after.

Just keep in mind, if you plan on keeping your machine's IP as static, you might want to change it from what the network assigned. Your network uses a range of IP addresses to assign an IP address from. Lets say for example, you start your 5330 off in DHCP and it gets assigned "192.168.1.100". If you power your 5330 off and plug in another networked device, your network might see that same IP as "available" and assigned the same # (192.168.1.100) to the new device. At that point if you turn on your 5330 that has a static address of 192.168.1.100, you now have an IP conflict and neither device will be able to communicate over the network.