Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xerox vs Indigo

Raimond

Xerox vs Indigo

Looking to buy a new printer...any feeback on the doc 700 or 5000, our biggest concern is printing on heavy weight stock. Looked at the indigo it printed 18pt no problem but the res was too low for quality fashion images with a lot of flesh tones. Currently have Vutek QS 2000 but we need small format digital......Any suggestions??????
    PS FYI... I am previous owner of Raimond Graphics NJ

User
    Hi Raimond,
    Have you seen KonicaMinolta's Printhub 5500 ou 6500 printers?
    I own a dc 12 and dc2060 and looks pre historic compared to these new printers. They print on heavy stock, rouph papers, vinil and much more.
    I'm considering changing to this one. Prices are also very interesting.
    Also be careful, special papers, such as heavy stock, quality may degrade on longer run prints

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    REMEMBER: You get what you pay for....if you want print quality...it won't come cheap...and if you want durability ....it won't be made of plastic...if you can't get what you want from Xerox or Indigo...you wont find it in a "office grade" machine....

random

Xeriod die hards.

5500 and 6500 are production machines with a duty cycle of 300,000 a month. We sell them and are creaming Xerox.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    don't believe the propaganda...In my opinion...they are running on borrowed time....you may get 600K out of a box...then it falls apart...and becomes a constant service call....have you ever seen an IGen....or an Indigo 7000.... if you pay one fifth the price you get one fifth the product....there is no free lunch....to me this is common sense...

random
    One of our c6500 has just ticked over 1.2 million in less than 12 months. Thats not propaganda, thats real life. This guy is tossing up between a 700 or a 5000. The 700 is a speed up office printer and the 5000, well read the threads that thing is an oily lemon. No wonder we are winning. But Ricoh are bringing out a 90 pager and will probably cut all of us to our knees.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    It works or it walks...I've seen more walk than hang in there and keep working...and a whole 1.2 million in less than 12 months...do the math...that's peanuts...I guess the big difference is a "real" machine needs an operator with a brain and a skill level ....as opposed to a plastic green button machine where they have the tech on speed dial....I guess that's why all the MV companies are buying each other out......there is no comparison here...one's a tonka toy...the other is a tank....you get what you pay for....and this time next year you'll be telling everyone how great the next wanna-be box is...

random
    ha ha - your out of touch. When you have actually seen in a c6500 please come back and comment.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    in a battle of wits....you're unarmed...enough time wasted