Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    psandpmarketing

Unhappy Xerox 700i Toner Spotting (Picture Attached)

I'm getting extra magenta toner dropping along the edges of my sheet, this occurs no matter what colors I print, whether it's full color, black and white, or flooded with only cyan/black/yellow.

I've had this happen with black before and I had to call a service technician to fix it. I believe he/she said it happens when the temperature in the room is too high and the toner starts to clump together.

I was hoping someone knew of a way to fix it myself, service calls on copiers are very expensive, as I'm sure most of you know.

I've tried replacing the Magneta toner cartridge, which sucks as this one is at 60% still, but had no positive results.

Picture attached below.

Xerox 700i.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 700i Toner Spotting (Picture Attached)

It could be a worn mylar on the magenta developer unit. You can pull the magenta drum out and see if any toner is building up on the side where it is dropping.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

It's most likely either a problem with the magenta drum unit or the magenta developer unit.
    Remove the magenta drum unit and see if there is a lot of toner dusting around the outside, give it a little shake to see if toner spills out. You can try swapping it with one of the other color drums to see if the problem changes to the next color (you may still get some magenta spots if the drum unit is still over packed with toner). If the problem remains with magenta, the problem will either be in the developer or in the waste toner removal system. You would need a service tech to repair that.

Keeping proper room temperature & humidity levels is critical for copiers to perform their best.

This is usually caused by either the drum unit being old and not creating a a seal between the developer housing and drum unit. Toner is leaking past the drum and falling on to the paper.
    Or the developer housing bearing have gone and toner is falling out of the housing.
    Changing the drum for one of the others should allow you to see which one it is. If the colour changes then it's the drum if the colour stays the same then it's the developer housing.