Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

xerox workcentre 7220

Hello!
    I have xexox workcentre 7220 with reboot problem, it makes only please wait and reboot again.
    Thanks for your help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox workcentre 7220

Re: xerox workcentre 7220

First thing to do is to check machine hdd and reload machine software.

Pyth

1. Delete hdd (no format, just delete complet), usb soft (force upgrade).
    If probl. persist order sd card and replace (again usb soft. Attention, read procedure, you can lose counters.

Sent from mTalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyth View Post
    1. Delete hdd (no format, just delete complet), usb soft (force upgrade).
    If probl. persist order sd card and replace (again usb soft. Attention, read procedure, you can lose counters.

Sent from mTalk
    Thanks for post, m'y problem is thé star en for xerox , i bave not j'y ans i don'know thé to upgrade files. Si i Sam help To repair this machine.

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

?? Your last post' english is not understandable, I'd suggest you to call your local Xerox authorized service provider, this machine is very expensive and I wouldn't touch any NVM item unless I know perfectly what I'm doing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Reboot issues, you got to know the theory of operation. First, is it doing this with the network cable plug in or out the machine? If the network cable is plugged up. You have to unplugged the cable, cut the machine off, reboot and see if it goes to ready. If not check your power source. This is space heater time and all the females like to use those heaters and they will overload the system and not give enough for xerox devices. Firmware is a good thing to do but it is not your first step. Force Altboot takes about 1 hour and I hate to see you spend all this time upgrading for something stupid. 2nd, is there any external devices like finisher or fax cards? Remove those devices and see if it boots up to ready. If no than try moving machine to another outlet. If still problem, reset memory, config cards and format board. After all that than I would force Altboot.
    Note: I have seen too many machines constantly reboot because of overloaded surge protectors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bryant28282000 View Post
    Reboot issues, you got to know the theory of operation. First, is it doing this with the network cable plug in or out the machine? If the network cable is plugged up. You have to unplugged the cable, cut the machine off, reboot and see if it goes to ready. If not check your power source. This is space heater time and all the females like to use those heaters and they will overload the system and not give enough for xerox devices. Firmware is a good thing to do but it is not your first step. Force Altboot takes about 1 hour and I hate to see you spend all this time upgrading for something stupid. 2nd, is there any external devices like finisher or fax cards? Remove those devices and see if it boots up to ready. If no than try moving machine to another outlet. If still problem, reset memory, config cards and format board. After all that than I would force Altboot.
    Note: I have seen too many machines constantly reboot because of overloaded surge protectors.
    Thanks for all, some times i have upgraded canon copier and i know his procedure but for xerox i have never done it, if. Some one can send me the file system.