Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Wc 7835i...bypass/pc settings

Hello
    I have a wc 7835i, everything works fine, there is only one problem, i had a Ricoh first and on ghat machine if i make a print from the bypass unit, i have to set up the paper settings only from pc (paper size, paler type) without toucbing the bypass setting on the machine.... Now on my Xerox i have to set up everything twice... On the machine... And on the pc, otherwise it doesn't print (paler type/size mismatch).... Now my question... Is there an option to disable this double settings? I want to set up only the pc, leaving the bypass settings default...
    Thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Wc 7835i...bypass/pc settings

If you are using the correct driver, you only need to set on the Xerox.

Put the paper in the tray and set it as normal. Then on the driver (PCL or PostScript), when you drop down the paper selection, the ones at the top are the paper types the machine has available. Simply set what you picked for the MP tray. As you have a 7835i, you should use the PS (PostScript) driver as your machine comes with PostScript as standard so you may as well use the extra features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the post script driver... The problem is if i set the bypass tray as normal paper type... And then on the print driver for example heavyweight paper a paper type mismatch error occurs on the machine

Memento Audere Semper

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I use the post script driver... The problem is if i set the bypass tray as normal paper type... And then on the print driver for example heavyweight paper a paper type mismatch error occurs on the machine

You should be setting the paper size, type and colour on the machine when loading the trays or bypass, then when you print just select that paper type in the drop down as mentioned in previous post. setting paper type allows machine to make adjustments for heavier paper, fuser speed etc.

The Problem is my customer.. They had a Ricoh machine before where you can set the settings from the driver without setting nothing on the machine... The customer is wondering if this is possible on this xerox...

Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

No, but trust me the Xerox way is better. The driver asks the machine what paper types and sizes are available and presents those as choices to the user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk