Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 Fuser Temperature

Does anyone know if it is possible to boost the temperature settings of the Phaser 7800's fuser? I know in many Xerox machines this can be tweaked by way of a few NVM settings, usually different settings for different paper types.

I don't mind if it shortens the life of the fuser a little bit. The output of the 7800 is a little matte for my taste, especially on cardstock. Even using heaver paper types than what the paper really is only helps a little. I know just a little more heat would make all the difference. The EA-Eco toner used in the 7800 really shines like glass if you cook it enough. (From experience.)

Thanks much!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Phaser 7800 Fuser Temperature

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the print driver should boost the temperature for the media weight. Make sure you have it defined in the printer and in the driver. A quick scan of the manual doesn't show any way to 'tweek' the temp.
    Hi thanks, but I'm not talking about that kind of thing. I want to boost the actual temperatures used for each paper type... It wouldn't be in the manual, it would be a NVM setting. Most (all?) Xerox machines can have their temperature increased in service mode, but you have to know which NVM address to adjust, and that's what I'm hoping to find out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Phaser 7800 Fuser Temperature

The user manual specifically points to such an ability, by way of Postscript snippets, but they are nowhere to be found.

-----

Adjusting the Fuser Temperature

1.Determine the current temperature setting:

a.To see the current temperature setting for each paper type, print the Printer Status page. At thecontrol panel, touch Printer.

b.Touch Tools > Service Tools > Setup.

c. Touch the Print icon and select Printer Status.

2.To adjust the fuser temperature, download a PostScript file to the printer:

a.Download the appropriate fuser adjustment PostScript snippet file fromwww.xerox.com/office/7800drivers. There are several temperature adjustment files for each
    paper type.

b.To send the file to your printer, use CentreWare Internet Services. At your computer, open aWeb browser, type the IP address of the printer in the address field, then press Enter or Return.

c. In CentreWare Internet Services, click the Print tab.

d.Click Browse or Choose File, navigate to the temperature adjustment file, then click Openor Choose.

e.Click Submit Job.

3.To confirm that the temperature setting changed, print the Printer Status page again.