Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Xerox 700 digital color press

What would cause the purple line, called out to work on this machine know nothing about it or have never seen one. Thanks!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox 700 digital color press

I cant see your pic but its probably the ROS or the Developer unit. Try to load the pic again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm curious why anyone would want to go out and attempt service on something that they have never seen before?

Print out a simple CMYK test page and see if it is in a specific colour. If it is first try swapping over the colour drums and see if the IQ issues moves in the colours.
    If it does not have a look at the developer housing for the colour it is in there may be some debris just inside the mag roller that is scraping off toner or the thin plastic strip that is one the housing lid may have excess developer on it that is, again, scraping toner off the mag roller.
    If everything looks good there then move on to the ROS unit, they can be tricky and tempramental, but dirt on the glass will be the cause. Going forwards the suction filter will usually be clogged up and the problem will return shortly so change the filter.

Is the line, as we are all having trouble seeing it, about 1cm wide, fuzzy edges (i.e not sharp and straight but slightly blurry) and on the edge of the paper lead edge to tail edge on either the inboard or outboard side.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    I'm curious why anyone would want to go out and attempt service on something that they have never seen before?
    Might not be to everyones taste but that's what I do. Not onsite all the time but sometimes I do. I prefer to bring a machine in and pull it apart then put it back together that's how I learn.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 700 digital color press

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    Bingo. You don't touch a 700 unless you know what you're doing.

OP needs to phone 1-800-XEROX.