Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

xerox 5632 paper jam

Paper jam at 1st and 2nd cassete. Paper stops at the left side , it pulls paper abot 10cm and stops. I found no obstacles and cleaned rollers with no result. Because i am not familiar with these machines ( i am a Ricoh tech) can anybody tell me if it is the clutch or something else. Also if it is the clutch do i have to replace it and in what position is it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox 5632 paper jam

Re: xerox 5632 paper jam

Pull paper drawer all the way out and on left side where it slides in you will see one screw holding the paper feed head in. Remove feed head(s) and clean the well. I use plain water on a rag. That usually is the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Pull paper drawer all the way out and on left side where it slides in you will see one screw holding the paper feed head in. Remove feed head(s) and clean the well. I use plain water on a rag. That usually is the cure.
    I did as you said with no result .
    I forgot to tell that a sound when pulling paper from 1st or 2nd casete.
    Any other idea?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox 5632 paper jam

Do you know how to get in diagnostic mode? If not pm me

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

When it jams do you get an error code? Go into Machine Status - Faults - Fault History. This will give you a code and look like this 08-100. If you can post that we can better assist you. In this case if the paper is fed from the trays up the left side and jams going into the machine, there is 2 sensors called "wait sensors". If you go into Diags and test these sensors under dC301 Component Control. This will help you determine if it is these sensors.
    If the paper is not making it out of the paper trays and you have a grinding noise then you have to remove the tray feed assembly, inspect and clean. Also remove the paper trays and check for any paper stuck behind the trays. Also check the tray to make sure the elevator gear in the rear is moving freely.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JrTech View Post
    When it jams do you get an error code? Go into Machine Status - Faults - Fault History. This will give you a code and look like this 08-100. If you can post that we can better assist you. In this case if the paper is fed from the trays up the left side and jams going into the machine, there is 2 sensors called "wait sensors". If you go into Diags and test these sensors under dC301 Component Control. This will help you determine if it is these sensors.
    If the paper is not making it out of the paper trays and you have a grinding noise then you have to remove the tray feed assembly, inspect and clean. Also remove the paper trays and check for any paper stuck behind the trays. Also check the tray to make sure the elevator gear in the rear is moving freely.

Hope this helps.
    code 08-100 and 08-103appear