Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    WC7556 message  machine is non customer mode

Thumbs up WC7556 message machine is non customer mode

Had a toner dispense issue last week on c7556 and ordered dispense motor for cyan. Should come in by tomorrow. In meantime customer called this morning saying a recurring message of machine "in non customer mode" and not running as efficiently. As i only handle mechanical issues, is this something I should tackle.

read a couple of posts about disconnecting ethernet cable and turning off machine. Then on again after a little time and entering case and completing UI Wizard

Another mentioned entering616-014in UI dig and changing value to 2, installing Wizard and rebooting

Another mentioned checking counter status and if zero status then may require replacement flash mod or battery

Any advice on this is very much appreciated. frank/AP

Senior Tech 250+ Posts xeroxsharp's Avatar

Re: WC7556 message machine is non customer mode

1. If the total counter is zero , you will need to replace battery on SW modul, than perform an altboot
    2. enter diagnostic,set NVM 616-014 = 4
    3. set all the setings again

Thumbs up Re: WC7556 message machine is non customer mode

thank you

i am sorry to sound so uninformed but have never done IT service so could you please tell me where exactly to find the battery. Was at customer's office today to replace cyan toner motor as it stayed at 100% and there was no blue in color prints or copies.

While i was changing the motor i looked for a small battery on a few boards but did not see it.

Also after changing cyan motor it still does not take toner from cyan cartridge and I tried another cartridge so toner not defective.

Thank you for your information Mitja.

I was having a problem with the cyan toner but noticed developer unit was not turning. After disassembling I saw that the gears were damaged and am ordering a new developer unit today.

I had ordered the flash module (960K73451). I know you said do alto and then do an an alt boot and change NVM 616-014 value to 4.
    There is also info about completing UI Wizard.

Do I enter the UI diagnostics with "0" and "start" to perform altboot ? What info does the altboot wipe out? Do I need to disconnect the ethernet cable when replacing the flash module and turning on machine. If you could possibly help me out with the step by step procedure, including UI Wizard I would be very grateful. I only have experience replacing parts and not nothing related to IT. I would not accept service calls on machine I do not know completely but i have no choice as business is very slow for me and i need to have income.

Is all this information in the service manual? Best regards . Frank

Senior Tech 250+ Posts xeroxsharp's Avatar

Re: WC7556 message machine is non customer mode

All procedures you will find in service documentation - Edoc.
    One hour, and you will done everything.
    Good luck.

i am not a xerox certified or authorized tech. I work on these machines to earn income as business is a little slow for me and usually I am able to replace parts and repair machines. I may not have access to the edoc info you mention though i have a copy of the service manual if the same info is in there.

On many occasions I have had assistance from other techs on various makes and models that i am less familiar with. The first xerox machine i worked on was a xerox 660in the 1970's.have worked a on many models since then but it has been more challenging in recent years.

I have not evolved intellectually with the IT connectivity of the modern day machines. I have been able to get by mechanically and referred customer to their IT people when a problem was IT related.

Some techs may object to my working on equipment I am not certified or authorized for or simply because I am willing to work on a machine with little or no experience and am sometimes dependent on the info and advice given tome by thoughtful and helpful expert technicians. I am beholden a very grateful to the many techs who have helped me to broaden ny knowledge and familiarity with equipment that I might otherwise not have service. If I am unable torpor a machine I will not charge customer and refer said customer to a service person or company that will better provide the service they need.

Set value for 616-014 and machine is running ok now. Thank you for your help Mitja.