Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Xerox wc 7556 system error notify sys admin. Can't copy even with rj45 disconnected

The call is for jams and lines, but it shows several error faults on home screen. there is no codes in error log current faults but fault history shows codes from yesterday. I disconnected the network cable, deleted the print jobs in cue and rebooted the copier but the display says "the machine is not available" and"processing job" I can't make a copy. Is this a copier controller or print controller issue??
    And help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox wc 7556 system error notify sys admin. Can't copy even with rj45 disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    The call is for jams and lines, but it shows several error faults on home screen. there is no codes in error log current faults but fault history shows codes from yesterday. I disconnected the network cable, deleted the print jobs in cue and rebooted the copier but the display says "the machine is not available" and"processing job" I can't make a copy. Is this a copier controller or print controller issue??
    And help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jim
    Hi
    Tell me exactly what the machine is displaying om the screen
    does the machine go through all the booting process , tell me what you see and which stage does it bring that fault.
    don't for get to check all the consumables which needs replacement e.g toner sump...........

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Xerox wc 7556 system error notify sys admin. Can't copy even with rj45 disconnect

Sometimes when the machine just stops like that and sits in processing it is because the CPU fan on the SBC is failing. Is there a buzzing sound coming from rear right?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrXerox View Post
    Sometimes when the machine just stops like that and sits in processing it is because the CPU fan on the SBC is failing. Is there a buzzing sound coming from rear right?
    Hello. well i cleaned the black laser fiber optic array, and swapped the black and yellow drum unit and it seemed to work. i don't remember hearing a bad fan. i am waiting to see if it reoccurs and if i have to go back. the customer said they wont spend money on anything they don't have to and will just replace it if.
    it was a strange thing. the error code in service mode after i rebooted was dc 120 fault counters 303.316.00, 305.122.00, dc 122 fault history 373-900-00, 312-905-00, 361-373-00, 303-777-00, 372-900-00, 373-900-00.