Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Bi-Polar Workcentre 7545!

I'll keep this as brief as possible... A few weeks ago, my WC started flashing prior to start up... Researched and diagnosed it and found out it was the NVM battery that was dying/dead... Couldn't find a replacements by that model #, so I purchased an entire board for a 7556. I swapped out the Flash/NVM and gave error codes saying it was in non-consumer mode, needed a SIM card, and Disabled services. I went to 616-014, typed 2; did the initialization, and it began working properly...... so I thought.

I have a professional finisher/booklet maker attached. When I needed it do a job, I discovered that the machine was not detecting the USB drive. I printed from the laptop and it said that the client selected a feature that wasn't available (paraphrasing); however, the machine used the trays on the finisher. But basically wouldn't fold or staple.

After hours of diagnosing and rebooting and reinstalling the firmware and resetting UI and overwriting and everything else, the machine suddenly decided that it was no longer a 7545, but rather a 7525 :/

Now, it will not print, scan, or ANYTHING else! -_- Apparently, the firmware is the same for all products in the 7500 series. I don't know what controls this or how to fix it.

Sooooo, three questions:

- Can the flash/NVM from the other board be formatted for this copier?
    -How do I revert/upgrade the system back to 7545?
    -What part controls which model the copier is running and how can I fix it?

PS: I purchased a new one today, so I'm open to any ideas on getting this running as a backup!

/s/ BDR
    Last edited by Rosenthal; 04-02-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bi-Polar Workcentre 7545!

That reminds me of the time I turned a copycenter into a workcenter... It's a pain to try and make them run after a "custom" swap like that. 7525 would be the "fail" speed of 25ppm. You would probably be better off getting another 7545 and using that one for spares. Odds on making it sane again are slim.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

Actually, I purchased a new one today. I was either going to disassemble and sell the good parts, keep it for back-up parts, or fix it and have two. So, right now I'm still experimenting with fixes. But I'm fresh out of ideas, as my knowledge of copiers is limited.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You will have a series of NVM values that are invalid between the machine run engine and whats in the actual NVRAM. It's not worth the misery to sort it out. Continue with your plan B.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk