End-User

Xerox 700 - OHCF Fault (error code: 078-279 and 078-264)

Hello.

Yesterday I came to office and start my XEROX 700 with OHCF. When machine boot up we get fault code 078-279. We open paper paper tray and closed it. When we closed we receive fault code 078-264 and we can not select paper type and format. If we insert paper into bypass tray we also can not select paper type and format. So bypass tray is not working too. We try to power off and on maschine a lot of times and the same thing is happening all the time. We check power supply and it is ok. OHCF starts up normally so it is not power supply problem.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I really appreciate your help.
    THANK YOU!!

Kind Regards,
    David

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox 700 - OHCF Fault (error code: 078-279 and 078-264)

Quote Originally Posted by da1vid View Post
    Hello.

Yesterday I came to office and start my XEROX 700 with OHCF. When machine boot up we get fault code 078-279. We open paper paper tray and closed it. When we closed we receive fault code 078-264 and we can not select paper type and format. If we insert paper into bypass tray we also can not select paper type and format. So bypass tray is not working too. We try to power off and on maschine a lot of times and the same thing is happening all the time. We check power supply and it is ok. OHCF starts up normally so it is not power supply problem.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I really appreciate your help.
    THANK YOU!!

Kind Regards,
    David

Procedure

1. The HCF PWB Fuse F10 (+24VDC) has blown.
    2. An internal short circuit has occurred in the HCF3 Lead Blower Fan/HCF3 End Blower Fan.
    3. A short circuit has occurred in the harness of the HCF3 Lead Blower Fan/HCF3 End Blower Fan.

NOTE:
    The HCF PWB Fuse is a Chip Fuse. If it is open, replace the PWB.

The HCF3 has it’s own power cord. Whenever a procedure states to Power Off and then Power On, POPO, etc., powering Off and then powering On the IOT does NOT Power Off the HCF3. The HCF3 will have to be Powered Off and then On separately from the IOT by unplugging the HCF3 power cord.

Turn the power OFF and remove the HCF3 Tray Cover. Remove the Lead Blower and the End Blower Fan Motor Assy. Turn the fan blade of the Lead Blower and the End Blower Fan Motor manually.
    The fan blade rotates smoothly. Yes No Unanswered
    Check that there are no foreign substances, etc. in the rotating part of the fan blade. Also check that there is nothing that could impede the airflow. Remove any other mechanical loads.

Disconnect the Lead Blower Fan Motor connector P/J289
    The resistance between P/J289 - 1 and - 3 is approx. 3.95k Ohm. Yes No Unanswered
    Replace the Lead Blower Fan Motor. ( PL 29.8)

Disconnect the End Blower Fan Motor connector P/J290
    The resistance between P/J289 - 1 (RED) and - 3 (BLK) is approx. 3.95k Ohm. Yes No Unanswered
    Replace the End Blower Fan Motor. ( PL 29.8)

Restore the machine to its original state. Disconnect the HCF PWB connector P/J815. Measure the resistance at the connector side.

End-User

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your answer!! I have just one question. How can I know if the pwb fuse had blown?

Thank you!
    Kind Regards, David

End-User

Quote Originally Posted by Mukasa View Post
    Procedure

1. The HCF PWB Fuse F10 (+24VDC) has blown.
    2. An internal short circuit has occurred in the HCF3 Lead Blower Fan/HCF3 End Blower Fan.
    3. A short circuit has occurred in the harness of the HCF3 Lead Blower Fan/HCF3 End Blower Fan.

NOTE:
    The HCF PWB Fuse is a Chip Fuse. If it is open, replace the PWB.

The HCF3 has it’s own power cord. Whenever a procedure states to Power Off and then Power On, POPO, etc., powering Off and then powering On the IOT does NOT Power Off the HCF3. The HCF3 will have to be Powered Off and then On separately from the IOT by unplugging the HCF3 power cord.

Turn the power OFF and remove the HCF3 Tray Cover. Remove the Lead Blower and the End Blower Fan Motor Assy. Turn the fan blade of the Lead Blower and the End Blower Fan Motor manually.
    The fan blade rotates smoothly. Yes No Unanswered
    Check that there are no foreign substances, etc. in the rotating part of the fan blade. Also check that there is nothing that could impede the airflow. Remove any other mechanical loads.

Disconnect the Lead Blower Fan Motor connector P/J289
    The resistance between P/J289 - 1 and - 3 is approx. 3.95k Ohm. Yes No Unanswered
    Replace the Lead Blower Fan Motor. ( PL 29.8)

Disconnect the End Blower Fan Motor connector P/J290
    The resistance between P/J289 - 1 (RED) and - 3 (BLK) is approx. 3.95k Ohm. Yes No Unanswered
    Replace the End Blower Fan Motor. ( PL 29.8)

Restore the machine to its original state. Disconnect the HCF PWB connector P/J815. Measure the resistance at the connector side.
    Hello Mukasa,

I had check and measure resistance on both fans. Resistance on both fans is about 10k. Is that ok?

I measure PWB Fuse F10 too and there is no flow thrugh the Fuse. So Fuse F10 has blown?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by da1vid View Post
    Hello Mukasa,

I had check and measure resistance on both fans. Resistance on both fans is about 10k. Is that ok?

I measure PWB Fuse F10 too and there is no flow thrugh the Fuse. So Fuse F10 has blown?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
    David
    Hi.
    We had such a problem. Replacing the fuse F10 solved this problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox 700 - OHCF Fault (error code: 078-279 and 078-264)

Quote Originally Posted by ivansv View Post
    Hi.
    We had such a problem. Replacing the fuse F10 solved this problem.
    he hadn't replied in 2 years.. either he fixed it and didn't report back.. or???

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    he hadn't replied in 2 years.. either he fixed it and didn't report back.. or???
    I have a similar problem.. I have replaced the fan but still showing up with F10 Fuse Fail... I have the foggiest where it is or what it looks like.. Help anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jelprint View Post
    I have a similar problem.. I have replaced the fan but still showing up with F10 Fuse Fail... I have the foggiest where it is or what it looks like.. Help anyone?
    foto1.jpg so he looks
    You need digital multimeter.