Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

slow panel response on 78XX line?

Hello,

While looking into new machines I demoed a WorkCentre 7835 model (what they had). One thing that was very apparent to me was that the control panel seemed very slow/laggy/unresponsive. I found myself clicking a button and then questioning myself because of how slow it was to respond. It seemed more pronounced when compared to competitors (KM, Sharp, Canon, etc).

Is this something other people have experienced with these machines? Is it prevalent across the whole line?

Thanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: slow panel response on 78XX line?

What version of Firmware was the machine running? 73.x is a vast improvement over the others and touch response is the first thing customers noticed after an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    What version of Firmware was the machine running? 73.x is a vast improvement over the others and touch response is the first thing customers noticed after an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the response. My main concern with the lack of hands on experience with Xerox was that this experience would be the norm for these machines. As you might guess I'm not sure of the firmware as it was a demo unit and not my own and I did not think to check. It was a very unfortunate experience as even though the control panel lacks the fancy multi-touch (tablet style screen) I found the UI aesthetically appealing and organized. In contrast I tried a Sharp machine that was much snappier, but I find the UI very unappealing. I'll see if I can find out what firmware the demo machine was running, thanks.

I wish there were more videos online of actual usage of these machines. Would make it a lot easier to get a sense of what they are like.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Try this link for a control panel sim

2016 ConnectKey Technology-enabled MFP User Interface Simulator

or the new Versalink range

VersaLink Simulator

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Another thing to consider is Demo models have all the bells and whistles installed with Connect Key devices. The touch screen is very repsonsive and most likely being a demo model has been through the ringer. When I purchase off lease machines with touch screens they always have scratches and pen marks. I have only had to replace 1 Xerox WorkCentre 7855 touch screen due to damage. All in all very good machines

Hope this helps