Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Network printing settings for Xerox

Hello. I seem to run into this problem quite often lately. For example, just today i had installed a Xerox 7535 on the network. Xerox Global PCL 6 driver, latest version, snmp disabled, lpr port, advanced printing features disabled, etc. For a one page word document, it goes like this in the spooling windows: from a total of 137 kb, it goes until 50 , freezes here like 10 seconds, than it sends the whole 137kb to printer. Same issues in pdf files. They previosuly had an old minolta c250 wich the second you hit print, it started the print process. Same problem with some 7120's. IS there a particularly driver version wich works best? What are the best settings? This problem with network printing on Xerox is really annoying me.
    Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Network printing settings for Xerox

Re: Network printing settings for Xerox

what OS are they using?

can you ping the device without and lost packets?

sounds like it could be a problem in their network slowing/stopping the job

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

They are running win 10 x64. I don't think there is a network problem since the minolta c250 was conected through the same ethernet cable as the 7535 and the minolta was working good. Something else is the problem there.

Technician

Probably not your issue, but when printing to LPR make sure spool to HDD is turned on in printer settings (tech mode). Speeds it up a bit. I'd also try the PCL 6 driver, just a personal preference as I don't like the Global driver.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I agree about the PCL or PS driver. When Windows 10 OS came out, it had it own version of installed drivers. Not the best move from Microsoft but it is across the board with most manufacturers. Using a class driver like the Global Print Drivers (GPD) can cause bottlenecks, slow printing. Another thing to perform is to connect a laptop or PWS to the machine and go to centreware. Submit jobs thru there (Must be in PDF format to submit thru CWIS), then take the GPD driver and point to the machine IP and print regularly thru print driver. This will eliminate the ESS (IPP) board on the machine. Make sure the firmware is the latest version I think off hand it is 61 version. This model is not Connect Key ready.

Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I saw this today at another 7120. Spooling a pdf document of 44 kb took too long. I'll try your suggestions these days. Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Another thing to check is if any bi-directional support or SNMP is enabled on the printing port. It could be it was disabled by default with the other manufacturer. If it has to check the status of the port or do any handshaking before sending any print job that can be the difference between sending the job immediately or taking several seconds then printing.