Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox 700 Help please

Good night guys, seems like whatever could go wrong will, Xerox 700 a few problems recently one after the other, about a week ago, been getting this a bit 042-326, turned machine off then on worked a few times, then it wouldn't so I would have to open up machine, take out IBT belt clean it, then turn machine back on. doing this I notice that I was getting toner backup into the machine, then started the grinding noise of gears. realized that my upper chute assembly was not working properly, toner everywhere. Found the gear that was at fault, replaced it with a good gear, noise is gone, whiles I was at it I changed Joint Assembly, and Leveler Box Assembly seeing that they were all connected. I realized that because the toner wasn't moving into waste basket, it caused 3 of my color drums to be faulty as the toner was blocked up in the toner dispense of each drum. well beyond that, now the big problems start, got an error 045-360 which is something about contif effor y fail, which came, and went away, but right after that all of my prints seem to be missing the magenta in pictures, solid magenta seemed to print fine. did a calibration, same thing. retraced my steps to see if I might have missed out something or pinched a wire or something, everything seems fine, turned machine back on, went back to the 042-326, restarted machine now I am getting 045-315 which is something about ROS. There is still a bunch of toner in machine as I am waiting for a toner vaccum. Any suggestions? just when it rains it pours

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 700 Help please

Re: Xerox 700 Help please

After you will do a good machine cleanning, the filters too, check and reseat the both flat cable which link the ros assy's to the mcu pwb.
    Also a cleanning of both ros is a good ideea.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    After you will do a good machine cleanning, the filters too, check and reseat the both flat cable which link the ros assy's to the mcu pwb.
    Also a cleanning of both ros is a good ideea.
    ok thanks will keep you updated

When you say 're-started the machine' did you actually re-start everything or just the IOT? Unplug every accessory that is attached including the RIP do not just rely on the IOT power switch. The machine can become confused and put up ghost errors because of incorrect POPO. Just try it before messing with ROS units.
    42-326 is probably because there is waste toner covering the sensor or sensor strip on the belt

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

tried all of the suggestions, still no go.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lion_heart View Post
    tried all of the suggestions, still no go.
    Had this problem where the colour stopped printing and when the tech would do test prints it would print fine ... print a job and the magenta (or yellow) would be missing. Has happened with a few machines and it was a little colour board under each drum that is located on the back of the machine when you pull out the IBT belt / drum draw.

I don't know the name of the little board, but it has mostly a brass chip either side of it and in fine print.

PWBA CPL1
    FX HFD1-C
    DE0682(1)
    FCC-ID E46HFD1
    160K95831 K1

on the other side is a little bar code but the numbers are to small for me to read. Hope that helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrBafner View Post
    Had this problem where the colour stopped printing and when the tech would do test prints it would print fine ... print a job and the magenta (or yellow) would be missing. Has happened with a few machines and it was a little colour board under each drum that is located on the back of the machine when you pull out the IBT belt / drum draw.

I don't know the name of the little board, but it has mostly a brass chip either side of it and in fine print.

PWBA CPL1
    FX HFD1-C
    DE0682(1)
    FCC-ID E46HFD1
    160K95831 K1

on the other side is a little bar code but the numbers are to small for me to read. Hope that helps.
    wow, exactly what is kinda happening now, will scan a sample and sent it, thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lion_heart View Post
    wow, exactly what is kinda happening now, will scan a sample and sent it, thanks
    attached is the print quality issue, when I do an off the glass calibration i can see every color. when i print each color separately from the admin mode #19 each color prints, but when it comes to graphics and images something is defiately wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrBafner View Post

PWBA CPL1
    FX HFD1-C
    DE0682(1)
    FCC-ID E46HFD1
    160K95831 K1

thanks a mil, changed the crumb boards, seemed to have worked so far

042-360 : 741-106 to 0 nvm read write