Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 7500 printer repeat mark on page

there is a repeat small circles. Read to the end to see the problem.
    By the repeat troubleshooting page the marks are precise the diameter of the fuser, there is an attachment with the marks.
    The marks appears in all colors on the color troubleshoot prints.
    The marks are in different position on the paper every print (eliminate transfer belt).
    So it all look like the fuser at fault.
    There is one problem, when I stop the print before the page exit, the marks are also
    on the page that didn't go through the fuser, and they can be erase by rubbing it off, I tried this several times
    in all the pages it shows before the fuser.
    Any idea?
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Phaser 7500 printer repeat mark on page

Looks like a defect in the black drum. To test try swapping black drum with one of the other colors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    Looks like a defect in the black drum. To test try swapping black drum with one of the other colors.
    The distance between the marks is bigger than the drum by the repeat troubleshoot page.
    The marks appears on all single color test print.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Pull out your transfer belt. I bet it has this same mark in multiple areas around the belt. I've seen this before on the 75xx copiers (Phaser 7500 with a scanner).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Pull out your transfer belt. I bet it has this same mark in multiple areas around the belt. I've seen this before on the 75xx copiers (Phaser 7500 with a scanner).
    In this case if it is the belt, wouldn't the marks should be in the same place on the paper on every page? In my case the marks start in different place every page.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Use A3 paper sheets and panic stop the machine before the paper sheet to leave the transfer area.
    Watch the printed part of the paper also the nonprinted part

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Easy enough to check. Remove the drum cartridges, transfer belt cleaner, the transfer belt lock lever, the 2 brackets on the left hand side that hold the belt unit in place. Slide out the belt assembly and take a look.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    In this case if it is the belt, wouldn't the marks should be in the same place on the paper on every page? In my case the marks start in different place every page.
    No... The distance BETWEEN the marks is all that matters. The overall length of the transfer belt, and the width of the paper, have no correlation to each other as far as using the repeating marks to determine the source of a defect.

The sheets aren't always "at" the same relative position on the belt. In fact, they never are, because the machine isn't even trying to do that.

The overall length of the transfer belt is engineered so that two full images of the largest (not counting banner) paper can fit on the belt, with some space in between, without overlapping the seam where the belt was joined. (This is the belt's 'home' position, and marked with a shiny silver patch so that the machine can "keep track of" where that seam is, to avoid having a page image overlap the seam, since there could be print distortion due to the seam.)

For letter or A4 sized paper, there is room for FOUR complete images, again, with some space between each.

The spacing of those marks doesn't make me think belt, anyway, though. They're too close. Unless like another poster mentioned and the transfer belt had MULTIPLE marks on it, caused be another component. But that wouldn't not be my first go-to explanation, since it would be much less likely.

Repeating defects are usually great, because they are so easy to identify. (Occasionally there are a couple that are only a mm or two different in size, which can be slightly tricky.) But I'd go back to the repeating defects page and double check. I've never had a repeating defect on any Xerox machine small or large not be identifiable.

Good luck.