Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Exclamation Xerox Documate 3920 is stuck at "prining Fax" message, how to clear / reset?

OK, not sure if this should be in the Copier section or the fax section, as it's basically just a scanner and doesn't have it's own ability to print. It really doesn't fall into either category...

First, the setup:
    The Documate 3920 scanner is connected to an HP printer via USB, and connected to a VOIP phone line that doubles as a voice line, but is only used for voice on rare occasions. The 3920 is used to scan and copy primarily, and to SEND an extremely rare fax. This is NEVER used to receive faxes.

The problem I'm having is the "scanner" is stuck at a screen that says "Printing Fax". Rebooting the unit does not clear the message. With this message being stuck on the screen, the scanner is essentially a large paper weight; you can not do anything with it. Yes, I did hit the stop button, which changes the message to "User Abort", but still nothing, it's stuck at the abort message instead. A reboot and it's right back to "Printing Fax" again.

I've sent numerous faxes (with confirmation page print out) and made hundreds of copies with the device in this configuration, so the interface between the scanner and the HP printer is fine, but for some reason this supposed fax is stuck.

What happened today, from what I'm told, was that there was an incoming voice call and the fax picked up the line. I later found out that the answer setting was changed from 20 seconds (maximum wait time to answer incoming fax) to 1 ring. So, whatever it answered wasn't an actual fax call, yet for some reason it is now stuck at printing out a fax that never was a fax to start with.

I need to know how to clear the fax memory, reset the unit, something so that I can get this back into operation. I've looked through the web interface, and have really found nothing. I've changed the fax output from USB Printer to Mail, with an email address, but that has not helped either. Not sure if it's the fact that the scanner can not actually send out an email (have never been able to get that to actually work).

Any ideas, help, service manual, etc. would be great. I am a seasoned copier tech, just not on this brand.

Thank for any and all help!
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Re: Xerox Documate 3920 is stuck at "prining Fax" message, how to clear / reset?

Wow, 65 views and not a single idea from anybody?

There has to be someone out here that works on these, or has access to service documentation that could at least look and see if there is way to clear/reset the fax memory. Hell, I'll even take a factory rest if that were available; I can reprogram all the settings, address book, and network if need be. I just want to get this paper-weight going again.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Unhappy Re: Xerox Documate 3920 is stuck at "prining Fax" message, how to clear / reset?

Wow, my Xerox brethren, you disappoint me.