Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    WorkCentre 76xx series replace NVM board safely

I have a bad NVM board (the little one that attaches to the MCU PWB) that I need to replace. I know that the manual strongly demand that you only replace one of the three NVM storage locations at a time or you will break the machine. I only need to replace this one.

The manual describes how to synchronize the serial numbers after replacing one of the three NVM storage locations. As long as you have replaced only one of the three, I gather it uses the data from the other two to update the third.

So far so good, I understand all of that.

My question is, can I use the NVM board from a different machine that is no longer in service? It's a parts machine and I've been stripping mechanical parts off of it as needed. It's NVM board is perfectly fine.

If I put the NVM board from my parts machine into the machine that I want to repair, and run the serial number synchronization routine, will it overwrite the old serial number and NVM data on the NVM board with the real data from the two other locations?

Or does this serial number synchronization routine only work with fresh-from-the-factory NVM boards, not previously used boards?

I have all of my critical NVM information saved, just in case.

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: WorkCentre 76xx series replace NVM board safely

Yes it's ok.
    You ca use it