Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    wc7120 with 093-320 error

Thumbs up wc7120 with 093-320 error

wc7120 with 093-0320 fault. Is this likely to be one of the drums? Frank

Thumbs up Re: wc7120 with 093-320 error

unfortunately I don't have the service manual on this model and tried getting online but just saw student training guide but contents did not appear to list fault codes and potential procedures. I looked for 093-320 fault codes which generally showed a developer unit related problem. In the case of the WC7120 there was a post here with same problem and it was stated that in many cases it ws one of the drum units.

In come codes the sub text of the code will also point out the specific color involved. For instance... 093-319 might refer to the cyan while 093-320 might refer to the magenta. Don't know if this is case as I have not been able to get manual so far. Also a lot of Sharks out there pretending to have the manual with lots of different urls that take you to same place which i think is self serving.

As I don't have any drums in stock and this model uses different drum for each color, I can't just get a drum and install in each track until code goes away. Any advice is appreciated. This is a call from a company based in Texas who sold to a customer in NY and they want me to go to this customer.
    Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: wc7120 with 093-320 error

Frank,
    The code 093-320 indicates the developer motor for YMC failed its revolution test. The PWS edoc says to test the motor in diagnostics, output code 042-004. If the motor does not turn, it could be developer unit bound up, a bad motor, or bad MCU control board.

To get into diagnostics on the user interface screen, press and hold zero key 5 seconds, keep zero held, press start. A type passcode screen will appear, enter 6789. On second screen page, select maintenance/diagnostics, IO check, component control. Input 042-004 to turn on YMC developer motor. Also check for loose connections at the developer motor and the MCU board.

It is best to remove the drum first, open front door, cheat the front door interlock, and listen for motor turning. If the motor is bad, the part # is 007K16710, MCU PWB is 101K59190. Otherwise, the developer unit may be bound up with developer and slows the motor down.

Good luck from Idaho.
    D.L.

Thank you for that important info. I went to customer tuesday morning and when
    i removed drums the cyan drum(R2) had a mess of toner on it and a lot of cyan
    toner accumulated in machine. A real mess.
    I cleaned it out as best I could without
    taking it apart and reinstalled drum. Still got 093-320 code and also got message
    that R2 drum was not in all the way.
    I assume it needs a cyan drum unit but now wonder if when I install it will I get
    same message. I am wondering if I did something when cleaning it as I had my
    hand in there from front to back. Frank

Technician

The plastic auger within the drum unit itself is most likely the culprit. It is not uncommon on this model and the offending CRU will need to be replaced regardless, which should be the next step. But before that, I would make sure that the toner auger itself hasn't become bound up.

Thank you caffeinekid. But why does it not know drum unit is in now? I did not see that message before cleaning out toner accumulation. Frank

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    But why does it not know drum unit is in now? I did not see that message before cleaning out toner accumulation. Frank

The gears might not have meshed properly... how did you clean the machine? ( hope you didn't use canned air) I ALWAYS when at a service call on a Xerox pull all consumables and vacuum out the inner body.

Using canned air can blow toner into gearing and optical sensors. That's why I try not to use it very much. I do use it to blow out the sensors tho

I cleaned up most of it manually with towels and I did use some canned air when I had 90 per cent of the toner cleaned out. Couldn't get to all of it.
    The drum units have contacts on bottom and there are several protrusions inside track where drum unit goes. I assumed that maybe they detect the drum unit
    as they touch contacts on bottom of drum. perhaps I bent them a little ? Frank

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    I cleaned up most of it manually with towels and I did use some canned air when I had 90 per cent of the toner cleaned out. Couldn't get to all of it.
    The drum units have contacts on bottom and there are several protrusions inside track where drum unit goes. I assumed that maybe they detect the drum unit
    as they touch contacts on bottom of drum. perhaps I bent them a little ? Frank

yeah canned air can really screw the pooch sometimes... you mentioned towels... do you have yellow...... " Stretch-N-Dust" clothes? they are the best for wiping out toner spills..
    as far as contacts..? I guess anything is possible.. you really need to get a 3M vac ....