Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HELP!! - The Weirdest Blank Copy Spree I've Ever Faced

Re: HELP!! - The Weirdest Blank Copy Spree I've Ever Faced

Quote Originally Posted by Tonersniffer View Post
    So every printed copy is blank?
    Every Print is blank?
    or just some of the time.
    "All" of the time. There is never any print, or even a slight trace of a print on "any" copy... I have tested them all many many times, and the result is still 100% clear with no toner traces at all......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Nothing to do with metered or nonmetered supplies. When you put the wrong drum unit into machine you get error message and machine dont work anymore.

Blank print/ copie mean no developer unit near drum, no charge on drum or no transfer voltage.
    Open machine front door, cheat the door switch, and make copies or print and observe the sheet of paper movment. Panic stop of the machine when the paper sheet is under the drum and check for image on drum.
    From here, I presume, you can handle it.
    Usually the drum unit latch fails or not complet close and developer unit is too far from drum = blank copies.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Nothing to do with metered or nonmetered supplies. When you put the wrong drum unit into machine you get error message and machine dont work anymore.

Blank print/ copie mean no developer unit near drum, no charge on drum or no transfer voltage.
    Open machine front door, cheat the door switch, and make copies or print and observe the sheet of paper movment. Panic stop of the machine when the paper sheet is under the drum and check for image on drum.
    From here, I presume, you can handle it.
    Usually the drum unit latch fails or not complete close and developer unit is too far from drum = blank copies.
    Thanks!

I did take one drum unit out of another machine and found that its connection in the back was turned sideways instead of vertical and it had a black insulated base around it instead of a white one. I am not sure how to tell which one is "metered" versus which one is not. But you're right! The machine did say "Improper drum placed, reinstall correct drum" -

You're the second to mention the distance from developer to drum and the drum locking mechanism. I will definitely make sure I pay closer attention to this. In one of the units, I had swiped a spot off the developer Mag Roller, and noticed that it did not turn. So it's also possible, on one unit, that I have a bad Mag Roller Motor. Because I also replaced out the Dev Unit and it was still not moving. But had not yet replaced the Motor that turns it. So, it is possible that I am just having a run of bad luck on this model and 4 of them popped up at the same time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to EVERYONE who left some advice here! I am going to try the suggestions here and then report back.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post
    Thanks!

I did take one drum unit out of another machine and found that its connection in the back was turned sideways instead of vertical and it had a black insulated base around it instead of a white one. I am not sure how to tell which one is "metered" versus which one is not. But you're right! The machine did say "Improper drum placed, reinstall correct drum" -

You're the second to mention the distance from developer to drum and the drum locking mechanism. I will definitely make sure I pay closer attention to this. In one of the units, I had swiped a spot off the developer Mag Roller, and noticed that it did not turn. So it's also possible, on one unit, that I have a bad Mag Roller Motor. Because I also replaced out the Dev Unit and it was still not moving. But had not yet replaced the Motor that turns it. So, it is possible that I am just having a run of bad luck on this model and 4 of them popped up at the same time...
    DID you turn the gear by hand to see if it moved? i would check the gear train for the drum/dev units

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are the drum units genuine Xerox? or Rebuilt, Refmanufg, etc.

I had a customer that bought two new drum units for two different machines from some generic mfg.

The drum gear was bound up on both of them causing blank copies.

Good luck, let us know what the final resolve is.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    Are the drum units genuine Xerox? or Rebuilt, Refmanufg, etc.

I had a customer that bought two new drum units for two different machines from some generic mfg.

The drum gear was bound up on both of them causing blank copies.

Good luck, let us know what the final resolve is.
    Thanks for the reply. All 4 machines were working just fine. Making great quality copies and suddenly went blank. None slowly faded to blank. They just instantly went blank. None of the 4 machines have codes either. It's truly bizarre.

I was even worried about potentially being "ransomeware"... My clients are terrible about having little to no protection software on their systems, so I was even looking into that approach due to all the latest news with the CIA bot being used by rogue hackers...

Hi,

I don't work on this model, but like yourself I've been at it for over 30 yrs and I'm always interested in the "weird ones". My first thought was this: has anyone heard anything through Xerox about failure in the charge power supplies. An electronic failure coinciding just seemed more likely than a mechanical thing happening to multiple machines at once.Just something else to think about.

Good luck!

Don

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Have you sorted out the problem? Looks like its the metered supplies problem.
    What is the status of the supplies in Supplies status.