Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HELP!! - The Weirdest Blank Copy Spree I've Ever Faced

Exclamation HELP!! - The Weirdest Blank Copy Spree I've Ever Faced

I have a group of Xerox WorkCentre 5755's that I've purchased recently and sold to clients. When I first put the machines in place, they all worked great. Now, all of a sudden, they are "ALL" mysteriously printing blank sheets. Different clients, machines came from different lease returns, but they're all printing/copying blanks! I've replaced the image units, Developers, etc and still blank. Normally, this wouldn't be weird, except it's happening at the same time to 4 different machines in 4 different client's offices.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on here?? Is it possibly on "metered" and this is how Xerox shuts them down?? I am totally clueless and looking to my fellow techs for some help.... Thank you in advance for your help...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

Re: HELP!! - The Weirdest Blank Copy Spree I've Ever Faced

Have you personally seen it happen?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonersniffer View Post
    Have you personally seen it happen?
    Yes, I am the onsite tech. the machines are printing/copying blank. What is even more weird is that I took a drum unit from another XRX WC5755 and placed it in one of these machines and it says "This drum is not compatible with this machine"... Which is why I am wondering if it has something to do with "metered"? Although I cannot tell the difference. My questions are:

1.) How to determine if this is a metered machine, and these are metered supplies?

2.) How to take the machine out of "metered" mode and return it to non-metered, or whatever the term is for that.

3.) How to tell the two consumable parts from each other. ie, metered versus non-metered...

And, if that would not make the copies blank, then what else could possibly make 4 separate machines suddenly start printing/copying blank? I've been in this industry 26 years, and this ranks up there pretty high with the most bizarre things I've seen happen....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Check the pivot plate for the developer unit. It moves the developer unit away from the drum when you turn the lever to remove the drum. If it is not working properly the developer unit is not close enough to the drum and you get blank copies. The other possibility is the ROS but you usually get a code for that.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Check the pivot plate for the developer unit. It moves the developer unit away from the drum when you turn the lever to remove the drum. If it is not working properly the developer unit is not close enough to the drum and you get blank copies. The other possibility is the ROS but you usually get a code for that.
    i doubt that ALL machines are having the same issue.. i agree with the metered idea

Did you rectify the problem ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

So every printed copy is blank?
    Every Print is blank?
    or just some of the time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Hmmmm, did not check that! I will certainly go back to those units and see if that's viable. It would be seriously strange that all of them would have that same mechanical malfunction, but I will ALWAYS check out any lead as I am at the end of a road here.....Thanks for the suggestion...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r_mani77 View Post
    Did you rectify the problem ?
    No, it's still there. And I poured back through the manual to see if I could find anything, but every item it says check, I've checked....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i doubt that ALL machines are having the same issue.. i agree with the metered idea
    I'm a believer in coincidence, but 4 machines, same problem, when they're all in different environments, and with different clients, that becomes a little hard to accept coincidence. But, as any of us know, who've been in the troubleshooting business for decades know, crazy stuff does happen...