Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

Xerox workcentre 5020d U2 at start, all leds are flashing in the display.

Got this xerox wc5020 in the shop, customer says "it doesn't copy" for fault description.

When turned on the display shows the habitual "0"... "0" -turning on slowly- shown normally when warming up, then the scanner lamp starts blinking and inmediatly goes to U2 and all panel leds (toner, paper and drum sign) are blinking. The service manual describes a routine to check if the carriage moves, yes it does, If I put it in the middle before turning the machine on this will move towards home and once there stops, moves a little to the right, then the scanner lamp turns on and then codes out U2 again.

The drum unit is still operable when tested in another machine.
    wall voltage is OK (I measured it).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox workcentre 5020d U2 at start, all leds are flashing in the display.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidocument View Post
    Got this xerox wc5020 in the shop, customer says "it doesn't copy" for fault description.

When turned on the display shows the habitual "0"... "0" -turning on slowly- shown normally when warming up, then the scanner lamp starts blinking and inmediatly goes to U2 and all panel leds (toner, paper and drum sign) are blinking. The service manual describes a routine to check if the carriage moves, yes it does, If I put it in the middle before turning the machine on this will move towards home and once there stops, moves a little to the right, then the scanner lamp turns on and then codes out U2 again.

The drum unit is still operable when tested in another machine.
    wall voltage is OK (I measured it).
    Hi
    U2 is about the scanner carriage home position , that means you need to these things below:
    check one of the mirrors out of position .
    check the associated cables for short circuit to the ground or open.
    remove the home position sensor and clean it and check the associated wiring