Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox 7225 immediate Job Overwrite Failed

Hi All,

I have a quick question, I have this message on a 7225 "Perform an On Demand Image Overwrite"

I have found the procedure to clear this message (below) however does this clear the address book, user setting/network setttings etc?

Many thanks.

Perform an On Demand Image Overwrite and Make Sure to Select 'Standard' for the Overwrite Mode
    NOTE: The "Immediate Job Overwrite Failed" message occurs when a job is in the system and it cannot be automatically securely overwritten by the Immediate Image Overwrite routine due to a power loss or an unexpected system reboot, or from some other error that prevents overwrite of active jobs. Data may be left on the hard disk that was not securely erased.
    To Perform an On Demand Overwrite Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
    NOTE: Users may be required to login as a System Administrator to view or modify settings within CentreWare Internet Services. If prompted, login using the System Administrator username and password. The default username is "admin", and the default password is "1111".

1. Open CWIS. See the Related Content for additional information.
    2. Click on the [Properties] tab.
    3. Click on [Security] to expand the list of options.
    4. Click on [Image Overwrite Security].
    5. Click on the [Disk Overwrite] tab.
    6. Click on the [Overwrite Now] tab.
    7. Select [On] from the Confirmation Report pull-down menu. The printer will print a confirmation report after the overwrite process has been completed and the machine has fully initialized.
    8. Click on the [Advanced Settings] check box.
    9. Make sure [Standard] is selected for the Overwrite Mode.
    10. Click on the [Start Disk Overwrite Now] button. An "Are you sure you want to overwrite now?" message will be displayed.
    11. Click on [OK] to acknowledge the warning message and start the overwrite process.

NOTE: Standard Image Overwrite takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.

To Perform an On Demand Overwrite From the Control Panel:

1. Login as the System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
    2. Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel.
    3. Select the [Tools] tab on the Touch Screen.
    4. Select [Security Settings] on the left side of the screen.
    5. Select [Image Overwrite Security].
    6. Select the [Disk Overwrite Now] tab.
    7. Select [Standard Overwrite] from the Overwrite Mode menu.
    8. Select [On] from the Confirmation Report menu. The printer will print a confirmation report after the overwrite process has been completed and the machine has fully initialized.
    9. Select [Overwrite Now]. A confirmation screen will be displayed.
    10. Select [Overwrite Now] again to begin the overwrite process.

NOTE: Standard Image Overwrite takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7225 immediate Job Overwrite Failed

It does not affect the address book or any network settings. It only erases any jobs that did not delete properly.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for your reply, that's what I was hoping!

If I run this job overwrite can I then disable this feature so the message wont return?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Not sure if you can enable it ( Don't think you can)

I set the machines up to do the overwrite once a week usually at midnight when no one is using the machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Thanks for your reply, that's what I was hoping!

If I run this job overwrite can I then disable this feature so the message wont return?
    There are two overwrite options- "on demand overwrite" and "scheduled overwrite." You can login as Admin and go to Security settings to disable on demand overwrite, but be sure to enable scheduled overwrite and have it run when the machine is not in use. Ex: Tuesday at 2:00AM. Whether you have it do full overwrite ( > 1hr to complete) or just the general overwrite (~ 20 minutes to complete) is up to you. Just keep in mind that these hard drives aren't the most robust and the less you have them active, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It does not affect the address book or any network settings. It only erases any jobs that did not delete properly.
    Also Instant ImageOverWrite is Mandatory on al HIPPA Certifications evironments

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Hi All,

I have a quick question, I have this message on a 7225 "Perform an On Demand Image Overwrite"

I have found the procedure to clear this message (below) however does this clear the address book, user setting/network setttings etc?

Many thanks.

Perform an On Demand Image Overwrite and Make Sure to Select 'Standard' for the Overwrite Mode
    NOTE: The "Immediate Job Overwrite Failed" message occurs when a job is in the system and it cannot be automatically securely overwritten by the Immediate Image Overwrite routine due to a power loss or an unexpected system reboot, or from some other error that prevents overwrite of active jobs. Data may be left on the hard disk that was not securely erased.
    To Perform an On Demand Overwrite Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
    NOTE: Users may be required to login as a System Administrator to view or modify settings within CentreWare Internet Services. If prompted, login using the System Administrator username and password. The default username is "admin", and the default password is "1111".

1. Open CWIS. See the Related Content for additional information.
    2. Click on the [Properties] tab.
    3. Click on [Security] to expand the list of options.
    4. Click on [Image Overwrite Security].
    5. Click on the [Disk Overwrite] tab.
    6. Click on the [Overwrite Now] tab.
    7. Select [On] from the Confirmation Report pull-down menu. The printer will print a confirmation report after the overwrite process has been completed and the machine has fully initialized.
    8. Click on the [Advanced Settings] check box.
    9. Make sure [Standard] is selected for the Overwrite Mode.
    10. Click on the [Start Disk Overwrite Now] button. An "Are you sure you want to overwrite now?" message will be displayed.
    11. Click on [OK] to acknowledge the warning message and start the overwrite process.

NOTE: Standard Image Overwrite takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.

To Perform an On Demand Overwrite From the Control Panel:

1. Login as the System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
    2. Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel.
    3. Select the [Tools] tab on the Touch Screen.
    4. Select [Security Settings] on the left side of the screen.
    5. Select [Image Overwrite Security].
    6. Select the [Disk Overwrite Now] tab.
    7. Select [Standard Overwrite] from the Overwrite Mode menu.
    8. Select [On] from the Confirmation Report menu. The printer will print a confirmation report after the overwrite process has been completed and the machine has fully initialized.
    9. Select [Overwrite Now]. A confirmation screen will be displayed.
    10. Select [Overwrite Now] again to begin the overwrite process.

NOTE: Standard Image Overwrite takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
    Anyone know how to perform a full factory reset. Not sure why the they wouldnt have an option to remove everything including address book logs etc.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think if you do an Altboot it will wipe out the address book and network settings.