Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 5765 has faded image - is it starved for toner?

I have a Xerox 5765 with 1M impressions. I run a job of 32K impressions each month, and just finished the monthly job, and started another long job, when the image started fading. Now every job printed or copied has the full image at about 15-20% of the proper darkness. I suspected mechanical problems, because there are no toner density fault codes.

I changed toner to a new bottle. Side note: it continues to give a "Toner Low" warning.
    I changed the Xerographic module to a new one.
    I verified that the Short Paper Path is pushed up properly.
    I verified that the Developer is sliding normally front and back when the R2 (Xerographic Module) lever is turned.
    I verified with dc330 checks that the Cartridge motor works, and the Dispenser motor works.
    With the door cheated, I did not observe the Cartridge turning even after 60 prints.
    I verified visually that there is toner on the magnetic roller in the developer.

There is some waste toner around, more than usual. And in the past month, I had numerous problems with the electrical connections to the Xerographic Module, which caused a strange "Front Door Open" error when the door was shut. I wonder if it is related.

Best regards-
    Tim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox 5765 has faded image - is it starved for toner?

If the toner box dont rotate how did you think the toner goes into developer module ?
    Remove dev. module and check the plastic gears from dispenser module also the toner path through dispenser into dev. module.
    Last edited by adriansto; 09-04-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Technician

check the light copies rap one of the things that can cause this is IOT board as well as measure voltage on pin 8 on developer house and run tone up to bring it to 2.8 volts

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Have to agree with "Adriansto" check all toner dispense, and developer gears, as well as waste box.

Check if light prints feel "gritty" or "rough" this would indicate developer run off causing light prints.