Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

xerox phaser 7500 jamming on duplex 077 131

dont usually work on xerox machines so looking forsome insight on this issue. first page comes outof the exit and starts back in, it gets about half way and a second page is trying to come out at the same time. i know its a duplex wait sensor jam. Ive tried to do google searches and searched in here with no success. Do these machines have registration drive issues or clutch issues. thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    xerox phaser 7500 jamming on duplex 077 131

Re: xerox phaser 7500 jamming on duplex 077 131

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor376 View Post
    don't usually work on xerox machines so looking for some insight on this issue. first page comes out of the exit and starts back in, it gets about half way and a second page is trying to come out at the same time. i know its a duplex wait sensor jam. Ive tried to do google searches and searched in here with no success. Do these machines have registration drive issues or clutch issues. thanks
    MOST Xerocks I have worked on DO have registration clutch issues.... do you have any squeaking going on also?

Technician

No. just some gear grinding when it jams. but I think thats from trying to reverse paper the same time another on is trying to exit. customer replace fuser, they said it had an end of life message for that. the reason i was thinking registration was it seams like a timing issue. i think the second page is getting there too soon

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This could be a few things. If it only happens on Duplex then we have to first look at the Left Side Door. On the top of the door under the latch you use to open that door. Look at the latch on both sides Front / Rear to make sure that it latches correctly. Next to is make sure the Duplex reverse gate moves freely. Grinding noise can be a few things as well. Fuser not seated correctly on the rear side (gear side), reversing motor / gate. These motor and gates can be seen in Exit 1 and Exit 2. Problem is the noise can only come from that area and they are all on top of each other. Below is some steps in Diags you can use.

run diags - component dC330 - scroll to fuser motor -add- start - scroll to duplex motor - add - start. Use diags to isolate the noise.

Hope this helps