Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

xerox colorqube 9303 message!

Hey all I have a 9303 that's giving me a message for yellow, cyan and magenta but not all at once! says "incompatible ink stick please call your administrator" I looked all over for it in the service manual and couldnt find it! not sure how it would know that and they are xerox sticks! I removed all ink sticks and checked still same problem! The machine will not allow me to add new ink sticks. A motor drives a restrict tab not allowing any more ink! very confused! thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox colorqube 9303  message!

Re: xerox colorqube 9303 message!

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Hey all I have a 9303 that's giving me a message for yellow, cyan and magenta but not all at once! says "incompatible ink stick please call your administrator" I looked all over for it in the service manual and couldnt find it! not sure how it would know that and they are xerox sticks! I removed all ink sticks and checked still same problem! The machine will not allow me to add new ink sticks. A motor drives a restrict tab not allowing any more ink! very confused! thanks

Thats what happens when you stick metered ink into a sold machine. If you look at the top of the ink sticks they have divots that are read by an optical sensor on load. Feed the wrong ink in and Xerox locks you out of the machine.

Call 1-800-ASK-XEROX to have the machine put under a page click contract. Other than that, push it to the curb.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    xerox colorqube 9303  message!

Re: xerox colorqube 9303 message!

Two other things to be aware of.

1. Ink Sticks from other countries will also give the same message. (North America, Europe, Asia, etc are some of the Zones)

2. With a snippet you can reset the zone to neutral which will change to what ever zone ink sticks you put in after the reset.