Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Versalink 7020

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Versalink 7020

General question has anyone had any issues with this model Versalink 7020 in particular or new altalink 8030 range regarding poor colour reproduction on prints.
    I have several files that are flat dark navy coloured background and it prints a royal blue instead. Mcs have the latest firmware Ive tried several different drivers inc PS no difference its a PDF and tried all settings in advanced no difference and does the same when printing direct from USB as a pose to through a driver.
    I try the same file on WCentre 7220 and 7800 and it comes out fine as it should through both print from usb and print from pcl driver and PS.
    Makes me think these mcs have image processing issues.
    All calibration done on mc and have tried 2 or 3 different versalink 7020 and altalink 8030 and they dont print correctly.
    Please let me know of any similar issues

Re: Versalink 7020

the C7000 series is the new 72xx, so the quality is going to be about the same. as for the altalink, there has been an on going issue with its print quality. the firmware release 57.09609 is supposedly the fix ( Product Support and Drivers – Xerox ).... they just ask to run the copy and print calibration in admin mode. previously we were also running DC945 in service mode, need to use the test chart p/n 082E13120. xerox just released a new firmware version located on X-tips that I am in the process of checking for any improvements. 107.28600. basically its a known issue and xerox is trying to get it fixed. i can update on the new firmware when I get the results.

Re: Versalink 7020

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    General question has anyone had any issues with this model Versalink 7020 in particular or new altalink 8030 range regarding poor colour reproduction on prints.
    I have several files that are flat dark navy coloured background and it prints a royal blue instead. Mcs have the latest firmware Ive tried several different drivers inc PS no difference its a PDF and tried all settings in advanced no difference and does the same when printing direct from USB as a pose to through a driver.
    I try the same file on WCentre 7220 and 7800 and it comes out fine as it should through both print from usb and print from pcl driver and PS.
    Makes me think these mcs have image processing issues.
    All calibration done on mc and have tried 2 or 3 different versalink 7020 and altalink 8030 and they dont print correctly.
    Please let me know of any similar issues
    Hi The Altalink has serious issues with the colour. Very poor. Xerox have release a new version of software on website that is supposed to address these issues.