Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    I have an old Xerox DC 3535 machine that I don't want to lose the use of as I have a whole load of consumables in stock and it has always functioned really well.

    The machine is now obsolete and no longer supported by Xerox.

    I have a message to replace two consumables which are

    • Transfer Belt Cleaner
    • Second Bias Transfer Roll


    But the machine states that this can only be done by a Xerox technician, which is a problem as Xerox no longer support the machine. Research on the internet also suggests that this reset can only be done by plugging in a laptop with the correct Xerox PWS software.

    Can anybody please help me with this as it is business critical for me.

    Thanks

    Dale


  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    adriansto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe near Black Sea
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by guardiandale View Post
    I have an old Xerox DC 3535 machine that I don't want to lose the use of as I have a whole load of consumables in stock and it has always functioned really well.

    The machine is now obsolete and no longer supported by Xerox.

    I have a message to replace two consumables which are

    • Transfer Belt Cleaner
    • Second Bias Transfer Roll


    But the machine states that this can only be done by a Xerox technician, which is a problem as Xerox no longer support the machine. Research on the internet also suggests that this reset can only be done by plugging in a laptop with the correct Xerox PWS software.

    Can anybody please help me with this as it is business critical for me.

    Thanks

    Dale
    You can change them yourself and remain with the attention message on screen.
    If you still wish to have service diagnostic software tool for this machine send me mail at stoadis@gmail.com


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    You can change them yourself and remain with the attention message on screen.
    If you still wish to have service diagnostic software tool for this machine send me mail at stoadis@gmail.com
    I have emailed you directly.

    I am really not sure how I can change the parts and then operate the machine with the message on screen?


  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    davidj7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    india
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    you just have to reset the HFSI on the machine . It would be much easier if you can get a tech to just reset it for you .

    a machine is only as good as your tech : source:screwtape ; the scary one

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    you just have to reset the HFSI on the machine . It would be much easier if you can get a tech to just reset it for you .
    Yes but this cannot be done with the PWS diagnostic software on a laptop with the correct connection cable.


  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    davidj7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    india
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    i am not 100% sure but i think you can reset HFSI using the machines control panel .

    a machine is only as good as your tech : source:screwtape ; the scary one

  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Xerox DC 3535 Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    i am not 100% sure but i think you can reset HFSI using the machines control panel .
    If I remember correctly this is only the case for the fuser. HFSI counters are not available from UI diagnostics but there is a key combo to reset fuser life.

    I'm afraid you really need to hook up a PWS for this...


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here