Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

WorkCentre 4265 errors with Product Key message

Please, any help or ideas would be appreciated: Customer installed a 4150 smart drum into a 4265 unit and now, even after putting in the correct drum, it comes up with a message about product key and that the courtesy prints are depleted.
    I would like to reset to factory defaults but even after logging in with service access, the error message covers the screen and I haven't been able to perform a reset.

I need any ideas on getting into the service mode to clear the HDD and reset to factory defaults. I don't know if putting the HDD on a PC and wiping the partition would work but any help would be appreciated.

I don't really know if the 4150 drum caused this problem or if someone put the wrong drum in after the error messaged came up. Inserting the product key doesn't help and doesn't seem to be recognized.

Thank you for any ideas.

Technician

Re: WorkCentre 4265 errors with Product Key message

From Xerox

If a PEK (Product Enablement Key) is left in the machine for an extended period of time, the machine will display the message but the machine now needs a MSOK (Master System Option Key) to resolve the problem, not just PEK as the message indicates.

Replace the MSOK and then replace the PEK if necessary

The service manual says the MSOK is only available through Xerox Product Engineering.

Item Inc. shows P/N 144N00160 for the WC4260 MSOK. Not sure if it works on the 4265.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: WorkCentre 4265 errors with Product Key message

Thanks so much for your help. I called Item Inc. about the MSOK, but they said they are out and they are very difficult to get from Xerox.
    Do you know of any way to actually test my MSOK? Anything else I can try? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    From Xerox

If a PEK (Product Enablement Key) is left in the machine for an extended period of time, the machine will display the message but the machine now needs a MSOK (Master System Option Key) to resolve the problem, not just PEK as the message indicates.

Replace the MSOK and then replace the PEK if necessary

The service manual says the MSOK is only available through Xerox Product Engineering.

Item Inc. shows P/N 144N00160 for the WC4260 MSOK. Not sure if it works on the 4265.