Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Versant Toner Refill

Over the past years, I have been running my xerox presses by refilling the toners with powders from China. I do over a million pages a year and I have no issues at all.

I now have a Versant 80 press, and notice the toner is slightly different and when I have used powder from China it set's off a density error.

Does anyone recommend OEM toner for the versant? And why is the toner different?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Versant Toner Refill

Re: Versant Toner Refill

The Versant does use a new formulation. It is designed to have a more matte finish. The particle size and developer are unchanged, though, as best I can tell. Only Xerox knows what all changes exactly they made. As to the density error, it must be just enough different from what the machine is expecting.

If you found a generic (OEM actually means authentic, not generic) toner which works with your other presses, that's great, but it'll likely be trial and error to find one that works with the Versant. And then hope the manufacturer never "changes" anything to cause it to stop working again.