Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Workcentre 7535 Dead, only energy save light on, number 2 on Main Controller

Xerox Workcentre 7535 Dead, only energy save light on, number 2 on Main Controller

This unit does not power on. I can hear fans blowing but only the energy save green light is on and a number "2" on Main Controller LCD display.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

I tried Altboot folder on root USB with software, but there is no display on panel, completely black...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7535 Dead, only energy save light on, number 2 on Main Controlle

Sounds like the SD Ram is faulty
    would try replacing memory dims
    Dimm 833W39035 2GB

Dimm 833W39041 1GB

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7535 Dead, only energy save light on, number 2 on Main Controlle

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    This unit does not power on. I can hear fans blowing but only the energy save green light is on and a number "2" on Main Controller LCD display.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

I tried Altboot folder on root USB with software, but there is no display on panel, completely black...
    try forced altboot and use a good usb or change to another usb type.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Technician

Hi guys. Complete newbie here, but I know just enough to be dangerous (or time consumingly dumb). My Xerox 7525 that I am working on has a very similar problem, but slightly different. The 7525 upon start-up has a blank screen and the energy saver button is lit up just like the original poster's issue here. You can here the machine is "on" but is completely unresponsive and does not offer a fault code, thus the difference between the original poster's issue.

I have checked the voltage of the battery backup and it is good. This issue started when the owner was attempting to upgrade the firmware, which I believe but am unsure was interrupted, and otherwise, this unit was working well for several years before. I am hoping it is not the ram (2gb/1gb) as those take me a longer time than normal to receive (and the owner will likely balk at the cost).

Is this possible an HDD issue? I have an extra HDD I could prepare for usage. I have tried many things to get this 7525 to do anything other than start-up to a blank screen with the energy saver button lit up but nothing I am aware of has worked. I appreciate any help anyone could offer and if I am violating rules of the forum by posting my issue, even though it is extremely similar to the original poster's on this thread, I'm sorry in advance and am happy to delete this and post in a different area (But I'm rather dumb about forums, and that will take some time to figure out).

Thanks in advance for any help!