Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox Color 560 service menu issue

We've had a xerox 560 copier for some time. I've had faults before and was able to get into service mode to clear them by pressing 0, then start and the code and then log in/out. However, today, we changed the ibt belt and i put the new one in with the mirror tab on the wrong end and we received 3 042-346 faults. I finally realized what happened an change to belt position to the correct way, but now when i try to get into service mode, the log in/out button is lit and the service rep icon shows up on the top right corner of the screen. Can anyone help explain how i can get back into service mode so i can clear this fault?

thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox Color 560 service menu issue

there is two way to exit from service mode: click home button, click both "0" and "start" buttoms another way is power off and power on. Have you tried these? saludes Francisco

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorTch View Post
    there is two way to exit from service mode: click home button, click both "0" and "start" buttoms another way is power off and power on. Have you tried these? saludes Francisco
    I have the same issue. I have powered off/on. I get to the point of the log/in light is on, service rep on in upper right but I cant go any farther?

Whats up?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi Guys First a Beg you pardom me because I missunderstood the post of jlgreen 19, both of you need to go into diagnostic not to exit from.
    If you can see the the tech rep icon on the rigth up corner then you are into diagnostic. but there is a system fault and the UI shows a pink fault screen tha is hidding the service mode screen. click the login/logout button and the UI will show a cyan screen with the diagnostic routines buttons, select and click what you need. (nvm Read/write....DC 330 Button....etc.)