Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wc 7225T, initial install, SIM card check, non customer mode

Hello all,

What have I gotten myself into? I found a Xerox wx7225T for sale on the web, brand new. I've been called on to set up Xerox/Ricoh/whatever printers in the past when it comes to network config/address books/scan to SMB. I figured I would just power this device up, set an IP address and be (mostly) ready to go. Not the case.

Again, brand new machine still in wrappings, with a sealed package dating 14-Jul-2014. Unpackaged everything and powered it up, at that point I was given a 'Xerox tech installer' or 'Customer install'. I chose Customer and the device is attempting to check for a SIM. There is none. The only option is to re-check or power down. I'm stuck in this endless loop.

Below are some troubleshooting/paths I've been working. These are meant to show I have attempted to fix it myself but have had no luck. If there is any more info needed, ask and I'll get it!

* I tried getting into Diagnostic Mode, power on while holding 0 + Start, I could never get in there, same SIM failure page
    * I would be happy to try the Diagnostic Mode> clear NVM 614-010, but I can never get to that page
    * there is a battery somewhere in the printer, maybe sitting around for 3.5 yrs and the little battery is dead, where is it, what's the model number, and I'll order a new one
    * on power up it does show XXXXXX XXXXXX while it is in POST
    * the installed firmware is 72.034.09100
    * I've tried booting with and without a network cable
    * on the in connectivity panel (network/USB/SIM) there is a steady blinking dot on the single digit indicator, at various time during the boot cycle it shows C d A
    * I can connect to the webGUI and it looks fine, I can change settings (admin 1111)
    * the status at webGUI says Machine is Diagnostic Mode, auto-cf gs disabled, pls wait for machine exit Diag mode, the machine is unavailable, 22-505-17
    * can I upgrade the firmware via the webGUI with the hope this will reset the printer's initial cfg
    * I have another 7225T printer still boxed up, what can I say it was a good deal, do I chance powering that one on and trying 'Xerox Tech installer'?

Re: wc 7225T, initial install, SIM card check, non customer mode

OK, I can get into Diag Mode, the option that worked for me is

1. hold 0 for 5 secs
    2. while still holding 0 press Start button
    3. release both

So what's the best option?
    * initialize
    * change dc301 NVM 601-014 value ot 4

Or

* dc131 NVM Read/Write > enter 616-014 >> change the value to 2

So I chose the NVM Initialize option. After reboot that took me to a normal screen/boot. It still shows a msg about SIM card required and it says copying and printing disabled.

From there I chose the NVM Read/Write of 616-014, set value to 2. That memory point references the Install Phase Mode (? doing this from memory now). It was 0, when set to 2 to went back to the original printer boot mode asking for Tech Installer or Customer. This time I chose Tech Install. After reboot it is back at a SIM request screen. Slightly different verbiage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasTech View Post
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Go to Xerox web site to support and documentaion menu for your machine and read the installation procedure
    Last edited by adriansto; 02-06-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Need that SIM card I’m afraid. Only option I know of is to order an initialisation Kit that comes with the SIM card, machine model sticker and power cable. Expensive I’m afraid so I’d say you’ve bought a dud.

Can’t use a sim from another machine as they register themselves against the serial when first used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

1-800-ASK-XEROX

It's SIM time.

These machines are pay to play. No SIM, no print.

You bought a paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    Need that SIM card I’m afraid. Only option I know of is to order an initialisation Kit that comes with the SIM card, machine model sticker and power cable. Expensive I’m afraid so I’d say you’ve bought a dud.

Can’t use a sim from another machine as they register themselves against the serial when first used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argh, thanks for the info. Any idea what is expensive? Is that $1000 or $5000? Thankfully I know a Ricoh guy who gave me a lead on a Xerox guy.

I'm guessing a good amount of the techs here are real life copier techs. Any opinions on whether me buying an initialisation kit is cheaper from a dealer or direct from Xerox? Right now the 7225T do not have the fax module. If I buy one of those do I also need a license for that?

Quote Originally Posted by prismtech View Post
    1-800-ASK-XEROX

It's SIM time.

These machines are pay to play. No SIM, no print.

You bought a paper weight.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.