Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox WorkCentre 7665 Only Magenta has big line through middle of page

DOC_20180222172828.jpg

Xerox WorkCentre 7665
    Don't know what to do to fix this. Only happens with magenta but is an issue when printing redine documents. I bet someone will know quickly from that picture I hope.

The other problem I have, if I try to run a print calibration, it will fail everytime after it scans the calibration pages?

Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 7665 Only Magenta has big line through middle of page

Hello, my name is Steve....
    I would first think of Toner cartridge/Drum unit..
    I have witnessed in toner and Developer wick moisture.
    This will also through Calibration.....same as media.I would start first with the supplies...hope this helps....Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Machinercylr View Post
    Hello, my name is Steve....
    I would first think of Toner cartridge/Drum unit..
    I have witnessed in toner and Developer wick moisture.
    This will also through Calibration.....same as media.I would start first with the supplies...hope this helps....Steve

I put a new magenta toner in to test if it would fix it, but it is the same result.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorton View Post
    I put a new magenta toner in to test if it would fix it, but it is the same result.

I believe it goes further than that....What is the current page count on all the colors? especially the Photo receptors (Drum Units)...I believe you are running out of Developer...Since your Magenta is showing,would not be a bad idea to all the colors....to avoid the problem with another color in the near future.....Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Machinercylr View Post
    I believe it goes further than that....What is the current page count on all the colors? especially the Photo receptors (Drum Units)...I believe you are running out of Developer...Since your Magenta is showing,would not be a bad idea to all the colors....to avoid the problem with another color in the near future.....Steve
    First wanted to thank you for helping me, as you probably know, this isn't something that I know much about. I'm network admin for law firm, and was just seeing if I could help them with their xerox machine. I will replace the developer all the developers and let you know if the problem clears up.

Attached a copy of the usage counters to see if it provides any insight.

usage counter.JPG

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

DOC_20180222172828.jpg

Xerox WorkCentre 7665
    Don't know what to do to fix this. Only happens with magenta but is an issue when printing redine documents. I bet someone will know quickly from that picture I hope.

The other problem I have, if I try to run a print calibration, it will fail everytime after it scans the calibration pages?

Thanks.

Clean the laser glass with the tool. if that doesn't resolve the issue, inspect the magenta mag brush.
    I think that should do it. Unless there is a spider in the magenta laser unit...

That's assuming you made a sky shot in magenta single color for the sample you provided.
    If not, please give more details.
    good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

First wanted to thank you for helping me, as you probably know, this isn't something that I know much about. I'm network admin for law firm, and was just seeing if I could help them with their xerox machine. I will replace the developer all the developers and let you know if the problem clears up.

Attached a copy of the usage counters to see if it provides any insight.

usage counter.JPG
    You are welcome. I suggest investing in a Service manual with parts information, The Developers need to be taken apart ,cleaned and refilled. then depending on the type of machine the Developers need to be 'pre-mixed"with Developer in order to work. rather than trying to save money,may I suggest using a "seasoned" Copier Tech to perform your machine's. maintenance.. This way, you know it is done right, and with the pages of your impression count of supplies (drum/developers, Maintenance kits) are known of their Life Expectancy. Developer works with toner and only yields a certain amount of pages before it is exhausted....Hope this is useful,best regards,Steve

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What I ment to say is that the new Developer needs to be pre-mix with toner by the copier.This nis why a Service manual is needed. So the sequence is known to perform this task, it also calibrates as well as other steps .....Steve

I was hoping to see if the developer was going to fix the issue but the firm doesn't want to waste any money on it. We just been using it til the wheels fall off. We have another new Xerox that is still under contract, so we may just use this old one as black and white.

Thanks for the help though, nice to have a place to go that I know people more knowledgeable than I can help with my Xerox issues.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I was hoping to see if the developer was going to fix the issue but the firm doesn't want to waste any money on it. We just been using it til the wheels fall off. We have another new Xerox that is still under contract, so we may just use this old one as black and white.

Thanks for the help though, nice to have a place to go that I know people more knowledgeable than I can help with my Xerox issues.
    Glad to assist you, you may want to inform your group that all machines need replacement of consumable supplies. If they are under any Service Contract to have these supplies ready-available Cheers!, Steve