Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    9301 ColorQube...   Boot Loop green splash screen /  Altboot wont load?

Re: 9301 ColorQube... Boot Loop green splash screen / Altboot wont load?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianEH View Post
    Swapped out the HDD from machine #2 ( which boots up fine) and put it in Machine #1.

No change in boot. Still hanging and cycleing through black and green screen.

The code that pops up on the back of the machine is 82059. The seemingly flash and different speeds, not sure if that means anything. a Quick 8 , Quick 2 , Long 0 , quick 5 , quick 9. Not sure why the zero hold for so long, and the other numbers are so quick, almost a flash. This code is the same when trying to boot with either the USB or the HDD.

I am guessing something is obviously holding the machine from booting from HDD or USB.

Any opinions?
    does it have the small sd card in the slot?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    does it have the small sd card in the slot?

Yup it does..

sorry for the very late reply. We put that machine on the back burner and had it in storage until i just wheeled it out today.

Tried putting in the working machines HDD again with no luck. still hangs on green start screen.

Technician

Also, If we are unable to get this machine to work at all, is it possible to use it for parts for our working machine?

ie, print heads, rollers, ink etc?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It could be anything tbh...CQ's are fussy about what usb you use to altboot and i have seen this myself. Cheap corporate freebie usb's dont work well so I would try a decent one 1st.
    It might be the SBC that has failed if it still does not take the altboot.
    Try IMC diag mode and see if it boots (open front cover, pull out waste tray and open top left door and then power on, machine should prompt you one by one to insert waste tray, close door and close side door, do that in the order and only when it prompts you). That will then should boot up without initialising the print heads, warming up etc.
    Also on the SBC there is are 2x holes, one has a red LED and a green LED. The red one should flash a sequence to you when booting so that you can diagnose further. It will flutter light, then flash a count, pause, flash count, pause, flash count, flutter. Report back what code it generatesCQ.JPG

Technician

SO I tried to the remove waste tray, open door and left top door. and nothing happens. it turns on goes to the green screen saying please wait. it never gives an option to please replace tray, close door etc. And during that procedure the red light flutters then blinks 3 times , pause , 2 times, pause 1 time. then flutters again.

Just to note I did this with the working HDD in place from the other machine / rather than an alt boot USB. ( I had tried 3 different USB sticks for altboot, none of which worked.)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

3-2-1 is the standard flash pattern.

Stop messing with it and save it for spare parts.

It takes three to four 92xx / 93xx machines to keep one running.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

As a side note you can't swap hard drives from colorqube to colorqube. The drive from the working machine will never boot the other unit. It will just sit and spin for 20 minutes followed by a power off message.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Side note #2. The 92xx colorqubes only alboot with USB 1.1 or older usb sticks. The 93xx range will altboot with USB 2.0 and down.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by prismtech View Post
    I work in the GTA and service these machines exclusively.

I also have full spares ava.

Contact me if you are looking for ColorQube service.
    on front cover to the left is a little plastic piece that comes out look in there for a green light when you turn it on then watch the flashing red light does it do a 3 rapid then 2 rapid then 1 then flassh rapid again? if so it means engine is fine its software

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3E3E
    prismtech] A[/COLOR]s a side note you can't swap hard drives from colorqube to colorqube. The drive from the working machine will never boot the other unit. It will just sit and spin for 20 minutes followed by a power off message.
    Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Move hdd from working machine to the other one and watch what happen.
    Adriansto said this isnt a problem. to swap the HDD. is this correct or not?

Quote Originally Posted by prismtech
    Side note #2. The 92xx colorqubes only alboot with USB 1.1 or older usb sticks. The 93xx range will altboot with USB 2.0 and down.
    It forsure is a 9301 and have used multiple new and older USB drives. The usb drive I used most recently had a LED light on showing that the drive was being accessed while plugged in ( blinking like a HDD light, not steady) but still didnt seem to boot the machine.

When you turn the machine on.. it makes seems to make all the same noises as the working one. like it is initializing. just seems to stick and not fully load up software. Should I try a force upgrade instead of altboot?

On the side note of this
    Quote Originally Posted by prismtech
    Stop messing with it and save it for spare parts.
    Can I remove the printheads and put them into my working machine? I have a slight light stripes issue on the working one. ( not a huge deal but would be nice to be gone)