Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xerox WC 7328

Technician

Xerox WC 7328

Good day, I have the above machine (Xerox WC 7328) that was bought from Europe with a Fiery Network Controller (used). I want to connect the copier to the EFI, then to a PC with Windows 7 32bit.

I have crossed check the copier (Static Connection) all the information from the service documentation-Main Menu-The Library-EFI installation page 26 for the copier is correct (Came with the machine) i.e. IP Mode, IP Address resolution, IPv4 is set to 192.168.1.48.

I connected the copier to the PC through a network switch, first with a crossover cable from the copier to the switch, then with a parallel cable. The cable from the PC to the switch is a parallel cable.

The problem is I couldn't get the "Copier Internet Services Page" on my PC. Hence I am stuck on page 26 of EFI Install and Service Guide.

Regards Nestopee

Re: Xerox WC 7328

Hello!
    The cable from the PC to the switch is a parallel cable.
    Not Quite got the idea. Is that switch with parallel port onboard? Can you use regular patch-cord cable to connect your PC with switch and from switch to FIERY? I can be wrong but just guessing that crossover cable in this situation can be used only to connect FIERY itself with Xerox printer itself. And PC, FIERY and switch should use same net parameters to get going.
    Good luck!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Practic View Post
    Hello!
    Not Quite got the idea. Is that switch with parallel port onboard? Can you use regular patch-cord cable to connect your PC with switch and from switch to FIERY? I can be wrong but just guessing that crossover cable in this situation can be used only to connect FIERY itself with Xerox printer itself. And PC, FIERY and switch should use same net parameters to get going.
    Good luck!
    Good day, I mean the network cable from the PC to switch is parallel, from switch to copier, I have used both parallel and crossover, so that I could get the copier internet page, it has not been successful

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox WC 7328

The correct connections:

- from crossover Fiery's port go to the copier with crossover ethernet cable
    - from network Fiery's port go to your switch with straight ethernet cable
    -ScreenHunter 21.jpg from your PC go to your switch with straight ethernet cable