Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Xerox Tech Support

I'm looking through Tech Support Portal, or Learning@Xerox, TCN partner portal and GSN portal, I can't find the location where I can call xerox and ask for assistance. I need technical help on a machine I am certified in.

Where can I the number? Or a chat location?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

Re: Xerox Tech Support

The phone for Tech Support is 800 249 0347
    You must have your TCN and it must show you are certified on the product you want assitance with.
    Also be prepared to give serial number of machine.
    Good luck

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    The phone for Tech Support is 800 249 0347
    You must have your TCN and it must show you are certified on the product you want assitance with.
    Also be prepared to give serial number of machine.
    Good luck
    and IF he has gone through the RAP's recorded all the finding from the RAPs ... he better be prepared to go through them ALL again when he gets them on the phone.... could take awhile depending on how many chains are involved in the error.

I HATE Xerox

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    and IF he has gone through the RAP's recorded all the finding from the RAPs ... he better be prepared to go through them ALL again when he gets them on the phone.... could take awhile depending on how many chains are involved in the error.

I HATE Xerox
    Lol. Thank you.

Xerox is cryptic AF. I have an S3 Login, TCN login, and GSN login.

What the hell man. Bruh, can't you make an all inclusive site for everything? There's too many portals!

KYOCERA doesn't have this problem.
    SHARP is great with their portals.
    BROTHER is probably the best and easiest portal to use with tech support one click away.
    Even our OKIDATA is pretty forward too.

Jesus...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Lol. Thank you.
    What the hell man. Bruh, can't you make an all inclusive site for everything? There's too many portals!
    BROTHER is probably the best and easiest portal to use with tech support one click away.
    Jesus...
    I have ALWAYS hated working on Xerox... even when my boss was willing to pay for training.

the engineers have their heads stuck in their asses thinking there is no better copier/printer on the market.

BFS
    Last edited by Phil B.; 06-11-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Lol. Thank you.

Jesus...

Searchlight, Ride the Bus, Euereka Tips, Xstream, GSN, PWS, some features incompatible with 64bit, Windows 8 & Java updates, eDocs with NO SEARCH FUNCTION, on and on and on.....

They haven't updated their software code since Windows 95...not kidding. It's a joke.

Part of the problem is Xerox thinks this is normal. They don't know any better. They have their employees brainwashed. It's not normal, and if they're going to open up their business to private dealers they better clean this crap up.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

Well I guess it all depends on how you look at things.

I personally am very happy Xerox makes it very hard to work on their products.

The reason is simple W A Y too many guys out there claim to be experts on everything,
    and they tell the customer they can work on anything (even if they have NO training,....and NO a simple video shown to someone with NO copier / printer experience does not make you trained on that product!)

I look at Xerox as a niche market. We charge $125.00 an hour to work on Xerox equipment (Xerox is over $300.00 an hour).
    But if we work on a HP for example our labor rate has to go down to $50 - $60 per hour! To be competitive.

I personally buy the guys I speak to on the other end of the line at Xerox tech support, either lunch or dinner every time they are in my neck of the woods.

At Christmas I send a gift card out to the guys that don't make it down my way.

The amount of referrals, plus their response time to tech support questions, and callbacks. More than makes up the money I spend on them. Also if their is a question about a warranty repair, or weather a part is covered, it usually goes our way.

I am old school 99% of my training came from a Instructor lead class. (yes I buy lunch for the instructor while taking their class)

I am still forced to take the video classes like everybody else, but I have 30 plus years experience to prepare for video classes.

Just my two cents

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox Tech Support

If someone is paying over 300/hr for copier service, they need to have a power of attorney take control of their finances immediately.

I wish you could have all the Xeroxs to yourself but sad fact is they're handing the reigns to private dealerships who charge what you do. So i guess the party's over for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    If someone is paying over 300/hr for copier service, they need to have a power of attorney take control of their finances immediately.

I wish you could have all the Xeroxs to yourself but sad fact is they're handing the reigns to private dealerships who charge what you do. So i guess the party's over for all of us.

Like most companies Xerox has contracts, I worked as a contractor for them, they still many many Fortune 500 companies and Banks. Never billed anyone working for them all covered under contract. Dispatcher system was first class and parts was best I've ever seen. Could order part after 5pm east coast warehouse closed ,NO Problem FEDEX overnight from California warehouse. Have the part by 10:30 anywhere I wanted it.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

My first real Xerox work order was for a machine that would not finish it's boot sequence. Tech support was real patient with me. They had me change almost every board and the fuser and belt. Machine fought me all the way. Nothing worked. I kept playing with it and got it to boot up 1 time. I looked at the print, said this has no magenta in it, changed the magenta drum and it was happy again. Magenta PCU the whole time. Took almost 2 weeks to get to that point.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking