Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Color 550 with Fiery EX570 scan to network problems 016-578

I have a customer with a Xerox Color 550 with a Fiery EX570 controller. Printing works fine, and scanning used to as well. The Xerox machine is set to DHCP/Autonet and get IP address 100.100.100.101, while it sees the Fiery as Gateway/router at 100.100.100.102. Scan templates from the Fiery load fine.

The customer has, however, been messing with the file repository setup on the Xerox Color 550 Centreware, and I just can't seem to get it to work anymore. The Scan Templates physically seem to be located on the Fiery in a directory (I haven't written it down... something in the form of Fiery/templates/scan-templates). So the logical setup on the Color 550 would be to have a file repository on the Fiery (FTP 100.100.100.102). However, no matter what I use as user name/password/path, I get a constant 016-578 error.

In the Fiery Documentation there's only information about how to setup templates on the Fiery. Does that mean the Fiery automatically sets the File Repository on the Color 550? If so, then I guess the best way is to abolish all File Repositories on the Color 550 and make a new template on the Fiery? In that way, it should re-create the file repository...

Of course, the best way to know is to actually check, but I have no access to the machine right now while I do need to fix this tomorrow. So any help would really be appreciated!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox Color 550 with Fiery EX570 scan to network problems 016-578

I didn't see that you knew what that code was.

This is from the Serv. Doc.:

016-578 Login/Password Error

Print a Configuration Report and have the customer confirm that the Default File Destination or Alternate File Destination settings listed on the last page of the report are correctly set in the machine, especially the Login Name.
    Ask the customer to reset or change the Password for the machine's User account on their FTP server as the Password may have expired. If they change the Password at their server, then the new Password must be entered into the File Destination settings in the machine. Refer to the System Administrator Guide.
    Have the customer attempt to log in to their FTP server from a PC on their network and using the Login Name and Password specified in the machine. This will verify that the Name and Password are correct.
    If the machine problem persists, then have the customer refer to the product's System Administrator Guide to be sure that the machine is properly configured or have them contact the Xerox Customer Support Center.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox Color 550 with Fiery EX570 scan to network problems 016-578

Thanks for the reply anyway, but it doesn't really get me anywhere at this point. I will set both Fiery and Color 560 back to factory defaults and will start all over again